What does your goofball do?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does your goofball do?

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

TalkingWhat does your goofball do?

Diesel's top 2 funniest moments...

Stalking birds!
    I know this is a Lab trait, but we're city folk & I've never owned a bird-dog before so I have no idea if this is how it normally takes place but find it the funniest thing ever! Sometimes I don't even notice where the bird is but know there must be one around when he starts this! He stops on a dime, ears perked, tail straight out, crouches VERY slowly into a sphynx pose then starts to creep forward still low to the ground, stopping anytime he feels a bird senses his presence & finally can't take it anymore so he just lunges! Passersby often stop to watch it unfold & laugh along with me!

Dust chomping!
    He hops throughout the house snapping at the dust in the air, sometimes he's so focused on the dust that he bumps into things! Once the dust settles he stands there for a couple of minutes, ears perked, head cocked to the side & the look on his face is hilarious like someone took his toy away!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Mine stalk each other. All three of them. Goofballs.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal and Barney chase eachother around my tool shed in the backyard. Each one holding his chuckit ball in his mouth for dear life while they are butt tucking around it! hahaha

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Guthrie sucks on his toy watermelon after breakfast, dinner and before bed. it is so sweet...he even does that kneeding thing with his front feet.

He will also push closed any kitchen draws you might happen to leave open....even if you left them open for a reason...like you are going to put something right back.

Drooling like crazy when I drink coffee. He insists on having a taste every morning. It is the only thing he drools for.

ShadecreekLabs is offline Senior Member

Duke likes to:
    - when I put him in his crate, and then try to ask for "kisses", he'll turn his head away and put his head down.
    - when corrected, he will "backtalk". Whine, moan, groan...you name it.
    - bark at flies. He also likes to chase after moths.
    - pick up his toys and throw them whenever he is mad.

Tanner likes to:
    - when Duke is being good and in a "down", Tanner likes to do whatever he can to wind him up and get him to play. Whether it be chewing on his ears, getting a toy and and taunting Duke with it...you name it.
    - pick up his leash and run around with it when he wants to go outside.

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

Shadecreeklabs, Your dogs Duke and Tanner sound exactly how my dogs act. Too funny.
    Chrome has started a new thing when we say good night to him in his crate he lifts one front leg up for a hug. He loves to be around me at all times which includes sticking his head through the cat door to watch me when I am in another room. When I drive with them, sometimes Chromes dives under the seat cover to get a toy from the floor while he is fully strapped in.

Hunter willl cry in his crate when he doesn't want to sleep in his crate at night, he whines, barks, cries. When we go for a walk he holds the end of the leash and pull me home. Usually he does it when Chrome is acting up and not listening.

They have many goofy moments
    Hunter & Chrome

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Both Clancey and Harper - when out on a walk will bit the least and carry it, as if they are walking us

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Mitzi has a stuffed squirrel that she needs at bed time. She nibbles and paws it.

Judy will be at rest, often just before going to sleep, not interacting with any of the others, and out of the blue, a single bark. It's not a bark at anything, not to let me know she wants something. It's just a bark like she's reacting to something she's thinking about. Or maybe she just wants to see if her barker still works??

Bruno and Duke like to play "chase Bruno and take the stick away from him." Bruno runs so fast and Duke knows he can't catch him, so he hides and jumps out as Bruno runs by, they roll at full speed and Mom's heart stops.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Rush will go to the bathroom wastebasket and peer in looking for empty toilet paper rolls. When she spots one, she'll let out this tiny little woof and scratch the floor gently with her paw. Mom gets it out (she'd never get it out on her own, thank you God) and then she proceeds to shove it in Boo's face. A game of I have the tp roll nah nah nah nah nah nah, you don't starts. It usually ends with Boo ripping it to shreds before Rush can enjoy the 'kill'.

Boo will hold pity parties for herself. She'll be sitting or laying somewhere and start this pitiful whiny barky noise. When you ask her what's wrong, she really gets going. Usually what she wants is for Daddy to get down with her and love on her. She is such a Daddy's girl. And of course Daddy is on the floor in a flash. (rolls eyes) Ok, honey WHO spoiled her????

Deiussum is offline Junior Member

I'm mostly a lurker here, (haven't had much time to post), but we've got a 3.5-month old yellow lab (Dakota) and a 6-month old mini-dachshund (Vegas).

Dakota knows she's not supposed to play in the rocks in the yard, but she's found a loophole. She'll pick one up, bring it to me, and gently place it in my hand when I tell her to drop it. How am I supposed to scold her for that?

Vegas is fearless and is always jumping on Dakota despite being about 1/3 her size right now. She loves to play "run around the furniture" with Dakota. If Dakota doesn't chase her right away, she'll bark at her. Vegas also loves chasing crickets, grasshoppers, and dragonflies and has now got Dakota doing the same.

There have been a couple of times when we've found a toad on the sidewalk next to the garage. Both dogs would sniff at it and then jump back when it would jump away from them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast