Special Treat for Diesel

Thread: Special Treat for Diesel

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

QuestionSpecial Treat for Diesel

Diesel has really been through alot, just in the last week...

Crisis #1
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...ritis-hge.html

Crisis #2
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...h-my-gawd.html

Being by his side throughout it all, I've got a massage booked for myself tomorrow morning.... god knows I need it!! I wanted to do something special for Diesel too. I haven't googled just yet as I wanted some input from you guys.

I don't think the Anxiety Wrap is appropriate as he isn't anxious, he isn't showing any sign of stress at all really (not surprised) but his poor little body must be in need of some extra TLC.

I don't care about the cost, I've just cancelled my 10 day trip to California I was to take for my birthday in October. After all this, I think I will wait until he has successfully made it to his 1yr b'day before I even think about going anywhere without him!!

Anyone try dog massage or maybe accupuncture or reiki or some other form of relaxation for your dogs? What did you do & how did it go?
    Last edited by Diesel_Dawg; 09-17-2010 at 09:42 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I really believe the best thing he wants, what would make him relax the most, what all Labs want more than anything, is just you being with him and paying attention to him. Your voice relaxes him more than anything. A treat of extra special food is a close second.

MacieTX is offline Member

I would have canceled a trip, too! I think you giving him a special puppy massage and just some great, quiet, relaxing time between you will be exactly what the doctor orders. KNowing you are right there going through it all with him, can't beat that. Enjoy your massage. I can hear the therapist now asking why so tense and getting those knots out...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom View Post
    I really believe the best thing he wants, what would make him relax the most, what all Labs want more than anything, is just you being with him and paying attention to him. Your voice relaxes him more than anything. A treat of extra special food is a close second.
    I could not agree with you more! I've been super close with Diesel since we met. I talk to him on walks like I would if I were walking beside a human friend, I get down on all fours & play with him like a litter mate... unless he's asleep, I'm pretty much talking or interacting with him whenever we are together

When he came home Sunday from the hospital he climbed up on me & laid right on top of me covering my whole torso, tucking his snout under my chin & slept for 2 hours. I suffered with pins & needles because he was just too damn cute for me to move!

Maybe I'll just google tips for how to massage your dog so I can do it for him. But still curious for other's experiences if anyone has any to share.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom View Post
    ^^^
    couldn't agree more