OH MY GAWD !!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OH MY GAWD !!!

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

UnhappyOH MY GAWD !!!

Rushed Diesel to the vet about an hour ago. We're home now.

Backstory... he was in the Emerg on the weekend for lower intestinal bleeding, held over night on IV, discharged Sunday doing better as vet said I caught it really quick. Been giving him Metronidazole since Sunday night - no issue other than one of the mentioned side effects of pawing at his face. Poops have gradually gotten better, still not back to normal but clearly on the mend. No vomit since he was admitted to Emerg.

So less than 2 hours ago, Diesel starts vigorously pawing his face like he's trying to rip it off so I go over to inspect. He had a lump at the corner of his mouth that looked like a huge zit or boil or something. Nothing on the inside of his mouth protuding inwards.

I had plans to go out tonight, so I decided to just hop in the shower & check him again when I get out. As I'm drying off I hear this lapping sound & find him eating his freshly blown chunks. Crate him to clean up, when I let him out his face looked like he was storing nuts for the winter on the side where the lump was. Like from the corner of his mouth all the way to his snout. OMG!! Freak out, call the vet they say rush him in he's having a serious reaction to something.

10 minutes later, now the other side of his face is all blown up. I am bawling my eyes out & he's just looking at me like "what's wrong mommy?".

They checked him out, vitals all good, vet says it appeared as though there was a puncture wound like a bite from an insect. Shot him up with steroids & sent me home with some Benadryl to give him in 8 hours if he is still swollen.

Needless to say, I am parking it on the couch with my pup tonight. But I think I'm going to the kitchen to make a martini first. Probably a double. If I can make out what I am doing through the blur of tears.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tismom is offline Senior Member

How scary! I'm glad you got him to the vet quickly. I hope both of you can sleep tonight. Please keep us posted on his recovery.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

georgie is offline Senior Member

How scary. i hope Diesel feels better. He sure has been through alot lately.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Yikes! Poor Diesel has had a rough couple of weeks! Good thoughts and prayers that the swelling goes down quickly!

MacieTX is offline Member

Poor Diesel. I've been reading your story of everything that has been happening... I hope the worst of everything is behind him now. Poor baby needs a break from himself. Enjoy your martini, share the olive with Diesel.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Oh goodness! How awful. Big (((HUGS)))) for the both of you.

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I hope Diesel recovers soon!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh man! Poor Diesel, and poor you! This sounds like an occasion for a martini if there ever was one. I hope he's doing much better now. What in the world could have bitten him?

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Oh, man, poor Diesel! And poor you. This happened to Theo once--had to rush him to the vet at 4 a.m. for a honking shot of prednisone, and then another one the next day when the shot wore off. He was fine after that, and we never figured out what caused it. I hope that this will be it for him, but do be on the lookout in case the swelling starts to recur after his body metabolizes the shot. Keep us posted.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

How awful!!

REALLY glad you took it serious and got him to the EGY vet right away. Hope the meds relieve it soon.

And also hope the Martinis soon relieve your tension and stress. (For me, if it went in the direction of Martinis, I'd swerve slightly to make it a Gibson (cocktail onion replacing the olive) and rub the rim of the glass with lemon peel, then depositing the peel into the heavenly liquid for further added accent.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast