Do your dogs walk so close that...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your dogs walk so close that...

Callaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo your dogs walk so close that...

They step on your pant legs and your shoes?

Either that or they are so sneaky that when you turn around you trip over them because they are standing right behind you?

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

My dogs don't, but I have a friends dog that tries to kill me every time she visits. I don't know if its because mine are obedience trained, but they pay pretty close attention to where I'm stepping. I've never stepped on them and they don't step on me.

I think its a respect thing.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Yes and it can get so annoying!! I can't even count how many times I have dodged, stepped over a dog body while trying to carry a basket of clothes!! MOVE!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MacieTX is offline Member

"MOVE" is a constant shout in my house... of course the constant return look of "WHAT?" is always there too! But 3 big dogs and 3 stubborn cats, something is always in the way. LOL

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

Homer does it during our morning walks. It is very annoying, he´s irrespectful of my personal space. I push him away. Misha is very good.
    In the house I don´t mind him laying close to me if I´m watching TV or doing something in the kitchen, but if I´m moving around and he keeps on laying down right besides me everytime I move, then I have to "ask" him to move OUT of my way.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Worse still Dylan coined the phrase hot on their heels and when claws meet heel in the house it is no joke !

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Bauer used to be a very "close walker". My left shoe was always dirtier than my right because he was constantly stepping on my foot. We have been working on this, and he is much better now; he stays about 1 1/2 to 2 feet away when we walk, 2 or 3 feet away when we run. My shoes are much cleaner.

He still follows me around the house constantly. I like to show visitors Bauer's trick . I will say, "Bauer, let's have a parade," then stand up and start marching . . . he is always right behind me regardless of where I go or how many times I turn. People think it is amazing. What they don't know is that he would follow me regardless.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

MacieTX is offline Member

I want to know... when I'm unloading the dishwasher, how does Gus know the precise cabinet I need to put things away in so that he lays in front of it??? I have to say move, get up, excuse me, bump his butt with the door until I just finally leave the pot/bowl/colander on the counter and figure he has to move eventually! He doesn't put the stuff away, how does he know where it goes?? LOL

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

I read this earlier today and thought 'no Harvey doesnt do that anymore' so i didn't respond to the post at that time. Since then, he has managed to do it twice....

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacieTX View Post
    I want to know... when I'm unloading the dishwasher, how does Gus know the precise cabinet I need to put things away in so that he lays in front of it??? I have to say move, get up, excuse me, bump his butt with the door until I just finally leave the pot/bowl/colander on the counter and figure he has to move eventually! He doesn't put the stuff away, how does he know where it goes?? LOL
    LOL!! Toby usually has his head stuck in the dishwasher and again I am saying NO or GET OUT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast