Simon is wearing his "Anxiety Wrap" right now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simon is wearing his "Anxiety Wrap" right now

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultSimon is wearing his "Anxiety Wrap" right now

Remember I asked about these the other day? Well, I ordered one to try it. They wear the same size, so I wanted to see if it worked before I invested in two of them.

Not too bad going on Simon, but I predict a struggle with Angus. He's next, in about ten minutes. Simon is doing the introductory 20-40 minute acclimation period right now.

In case you missed the other post, this is a full body wrap that uses principles of accupressure to decrease stress and anxiety. I thought it might be helpful with Simon's fear of thunderstorms, and it supposedly works to help with fear issues of all kinds. We have plenty of those between them, so I thought, "Why not?"

Simon doesn't seem to mind it. He's lying downstairs now. It's kind of hard to tell if it's doing anything, honestly. I decided to do it after they both played fetch. You're supposed to introduce it at a "calm" time.

Angus is upstairs with me in his crate so Simon can fully relax.

Wish me luck getting this thing on Angus! OMG...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Good luck! I meant to reply to the other thread...there's a Labby girl around here who something terrible must have happened to her at her breeders. When her new owners got her at 8 weeks old, she was a withdrawn puppy. She was just different and it made me so sad to see her. She's about the same age as Ruby.

The owners tried to show her, unsuccessfully because of her emotional state. They couldn't put her on a leash without her shutting down. They socialized and socialized and socialized but she was just too far gone.

They got her a pink Anxiety wrap and things chanced for Rose. She wasn't 'outgoing' but she certainly was more comfortable around people and other dogs. It was like she was a different dog.

I hope you get the same results for your boys.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Success! I just hope I can get it back off.

The difference was much more dramatic with Angus. He a little jazzed when I first put it on. Then he sat down:

About 60 seconds later, he slooooowly laid down. He looks very relaxed.

I was very surprised that he didn't seem to mind it going on at all. It was actually easier to get it on him than it was Simon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmydog2much View Post
    Good luck! I meant to reply to the other thread...there's a Labby girl around here who something terrible must have happened to her at her breeders. When her new owners got her at 8 weeks old, she was a withdrawn puppy. She was just different and it made me so sad to see her. She's about the same age as Ruby.

The owners tried to show her, unsuccessfully because of her emotional state. They couldn't put her on a leash without her shutting down. They socialized and socialized and socialized but she was just too far gone.

They got her a pink Anxiety wrap and things chanced for Rose. She wasn't 'outgoing' but she certainly was more comfortable around people and other dogs. It was like she was a different dog.

I hope you get the same results for your boys.
    Thank you for telling me about this! I hope it helps too. I also ordered some Bach flower essences to try.

OH...funny story. I opened the packaging for the Anxiety Wrap and was reading the directions, and on one side they had testimonials and endorsements (Animal Planet, It's Me Or The Dog, etc.). There was a picture of the veterinary behaviorist we saw this summer! It listed her credentials and said she uses it in her small animal behavior seminars. So, I guess she would approve.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Very interesting.....I am curious how the one handles a thunderstorm now. I may tell a few people about this.

I got it off Angus just fine. I think I'll get even better with a little practice.

Both boys seem very relaxed right now, but then again they usually are this time of night. I think I might go ahead and order another one so I can put it on both of them at the same time.

I was on the fence while watching Simon, but Angus' reaction sold me. He was SOOOOO relaxed. You could just tell...something about the way he was breathing and the position he was lying in. He ended up on his side, breathing very deeply. I've never seen him that relaxed. I almost hated to rouse him to take it off.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Hope it is successful for your guys Connie - please keep us updated on their progress.

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

That is amazing. I am so glad it worked well for the boys. Kind of reminds me of swaddling babies. It gives them a sense of security so they just relax. Somebody had their thinking cap on there.
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

dweck is offline Senior Member

Do they make them for humans? I could go for one.....

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Good luck! I hope he doesn't chew it up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast