Odd behavior...

Thread: Odd behavior...

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

DefaultOdd behavior...

Last week, MIL told me that Seth (Harveys brother) had taken to 'attacking' her door mat, he would just scratch it all up until it was in a heap. He done it 3 times.

This week, Harvey has done the same thing to my door mat...3 times. Neither of them showed any interest in the mat before this.

Then today, we were walking the boys, Harvey was on the lead, Seth was off the lead. Harvey had been acting odd and kept stopping and looking behind. There was nothing there. Seth was way ahead, but harvey stopped one time and refused to move. Seth came up to him, they got nose to nose for about 3 seconds, they Seth took off in the direction Harvey kept looking in. Once he was happy there was nothing there, he came back, went nose to nose again, then Seth went back to his previous activities and Harvey never looked back again.

I would love to know if they are actually communicating things to each other and if they have a stronger 'connection' as they are brothers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

ESLP. Extra Sensory Labby Perception.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

My horses will go nose to nose and then both of them misbehave (play hard to catch). ..it ONLY happens after they go nose to nose.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Hmm.. that's weird. I wonder if possibly there was a bug or something under one of your doormats once before??

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

The door mat thing sounds like a nesting instinct; Mine do that (not necessarily to a door mat) and don't even lie down on the heap they created'
    The nose to nose behavior really sounds like communication, maybe not ESP, but Seth may have picked up on Harvey's body language and checked it out for him. Mine sometimes do the nose touch and I always wonder what it's about. I like to think of it as a sign of affection.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    ESLP. Extra Sensory Labby Perception.
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom View Post
    The door mat thing sounds like a nesting instinct; Mine do that (not necessarily to a door mat) and don't even lie down on the heap they created'
    The nose to nose behavior really sounds like communication, maybe not ESP, but Seth may have picked up on Harvey's body language and checked it out for him. Mine sometimes do the nose touch and I always wonder what it's about. I like to think of it as a sign of affection.
    It is funny, since Harvey had his ED op in March, he has been pretty much lead restricted on walks, before his op he was off the lead all the time. Harvey loves nothing better than a stick, now when we are out walking, Seth will disappear for a few minutes, comes back with a stick and just drops it at Harveys feet. I think he knows Harvey cant play like he used to but I suppose he doesnt want him to miss out on all the fun, so he brings him sticks. He has also been very protective of Harvey since the op, it really is quite sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    Hmm.. that's weird. I wonder if possibly there was a bug or something under one of your doormats once before??
    I did wonder that too, just seems a bit of a coincidence that they both started doing ti at around the same time. I did check for bugs and couldn't see any, so if there were any, it means he has eaten them....