Skippy Update
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skippy Update

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnother Skippy Update

They ended up having to sedate him and "go up inside" to try to pull the mass of crap out. They did get a "small football size" amount out yesterday, but he still has some in him. Even after getting out more this afternoon, he still has a mass of stuff that they can't reach. They gave him another enema, have him on antibiotics and hope that when he is relaxed from the anesethia that he might go on his own. Surgery is the very last resort. What happened is that he got into a deer carcass in the woods, but I have no idea how he ate so much of it in such a short time!!!!!!!! It has been bow season, and people field dress the deers and leave everything else in the woods. So he is packed full of mostly deer hair. They are keeping him again tonight, and I will pick him up late in the morning tomorrow and keep him here for the rest of the weekend as long as he is doing OK - they won't do anything with him after tomorrow noon anyways. Keep the prayers coming - he still needs them.

Thank you all so much for thinking of Skippy and me today. He will be spending the night at the vets - he is "full of poop" - has a small bone shard that shouldn't cause any problem. They gave him a "warm soapy enema" this AM, but when I called after 3pm, he had only "pooped a little" and they were "still working with him". They want to keep him overnight. Much as Emilu and I want our boy back home, I'm glad they wanted to keep him till he is better. I don't feel like he is out of the woods yet - so keep him in your thoughts. I decided no to go visit him tonight because I thought it would upset him more to see me and not get to home with me than it would to not see me at all tonight. I worry that his pen won't be big enough for him to lay down the way he needs to and that he won't have anything comfy to lay on......

And an aside - you CAN'T change the title or you post - the one that shows up separately for everyone to see - it changes on the actual post, but not as a separate title - even if you go "advanced" - very annoying
    Last edited by patm; 10-16-2009 at 05:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearsdad is offline Senior Member

I am sure they will have some nice blankets for him to lie on. Hopefully they can get things to pass naturally and he will be home soon

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

I will continue to keep him in my thoughts. Prayers for poop!
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Aw, Pat. I was hoping for a little bit more encouraging news this evening. This is mystifying! Will check in for next update.

By your side...

Seamus and Flynn

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Glad Skippy will be okay.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh. I keep missing things. What is going on with Skippy?? Off to find out...

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

OK, I saw the other thread. Poor Skippy! Oh, bless his heart...when you said you had never seen his tail not wag, boy, that rips my heart out. I can relate. The times Angus has been very sick or recovering from surgery and his tail was down instead of sticking straight up in the air...that was so awful to see. I hope they can get Skippy fixed up and home very soon!

Wendy B. is offline Senior Member

Healing prayers for Skippy

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Have been thinking of him all day. Sad to hear he has to be away from home tonight but sounds like he is in good hands. Looking forward to a wagging report tomorrow!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sending prayers for Skippy and a quick recovery.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast