Just a wee little vent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a wee little vent

Cheley is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust a wee little vent

About a month ago, I posted that my yellow girl, Kendall, was attacked by my neighbors schnauzer. Luckily, we were on our way to the vet that same morning, so she got started on antibiotics right away. She was sore and limped for a few days, but then right back to normal.
    The neighbor (wife) offered to pay the bill, so I dropped off a copy of the bill with a little note, and they got me a check for the amount of the antibiotics that same day. All good.

I continue to walk past that house daily with my dogs, as I live in a cul-de-sac and really have no other option. Their dogs bark at us every single time, but they have not been loose since the incident. I've seen the couple outside a few times and waved/said hi.

Yesterday, I walked Sophie and Willow, then took Kendall last. Kendall normally drags me to the opposite side of the road and pulls me past their house as quickly as possible. Well, the husband was outside, and I waved but he called me over. So I stopped Kendall, petted her and we walked to the side of his house (staying as far as possible from his dogs, who were tied in his driveway). He asked about Kendall's leg and asked to see where his dog bit her. It's been a month, and the scab fell off a week or more ago, so there really wasn't anything to see but I showed him anyway. I thanked him for paying for the antibiotics, we talked for a few minutes, he petted Kendall and said what a gentle dog she is. It was all good. Until he told me that she was fat and she should get more exercise (his exact words)!! Now, Kendall is a big girl - she weighs 78 lb - but she is by no means fat. I can feel her ribs. She gets plenty of exercise (daily 2-3 mile walks and off leash runs as well). And I am very conscientious about what my dogs eat. I was so offended. And he said it several times!! Maybe he is just not familiar with labs. I don't know. I just can't stop thinking about it and it's burning me up!

Sorry for the long, rambling rant. I just needed to get that off my chest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Don't let him upset you. Some people just don't know any better and should just keep their mouth shut. Someone once asked me if Molly was a Rottie.

Cheley is offline Senior Member

LoL. Thanks Georgie. I feel a little better just having typed all that out.
    They are kind of an odd couple. Not sure how old they are - probably in their 70's, I would guess. When I was trying to describe the wife to my Mom and Dad, the only words I could think of were "hoity-toity". She just has that air about her - like she thinks she's better than everyone else.

Oh well.

Maybe we'll start running past their house - you know, so we get more exercise. LoL.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sometimes you just have to vent.

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

If it makes you feel any better, I had a lady critizing my dogs and my puppy parenting, we were sleeping in a tent, dogs couldn't see her so they barked like crazy while she stood in our campsite critizing. Another person told me my dog looked like a pitbull. Some people need to keep their mouth shut
    Hunter & Chrome

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Wow, that was weird! I wonder why he felt the need to say that? The only thing I can think of is that they are feeling insecure about their dogs' lack of control and the results that came of it, and needed to find a way to feel superior.

I can't stand hoity-toity.

justine is offline Senior Member

Ugh that would have annoyed the crap out of me, too.

I took Abbey to a new agility place and the lady told me Abbey could lose a few pounds. I looked at her with my jaw dropped because we struggle to even keep weight on her at all - she is very hyperactive and is a finicky eater. We stopped going to those classes...

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Sometimes its just better to say "Thank you" and think to yourself - what an idiot!!
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I've had people challenge me when I say Buddy a Lab. They insist he's not full blooded. Come on, look at that sweet face and tell me that's not a full blooded Labrador Retriever.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

lisa is offline Senior Member

Some people just don't know when to shut up. Ignore him. You know you take good care of you pup and that is all that matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast