I have a problem....found a dog
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a problem....found a dog

Callaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultI have a problem....found a dog

So this little dude was in my yard when I took the dogs out today. He is very sweet, and friendly.

He had a collar, no tags. Im going to take him to the vet tomorrow to see if hes chipped, but I highly doubt it because hes not altered.

Soooo, I posted some flyers around the local places, but other than that, what do I do? I cant keep him here for long. I dont want to just drop him at the shelter.

Help!

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Call anyplace in the area that deals with pets- vets, groomers, pet supply stores, etc. Let your mail carrier know about him. Besides phone polles and pet places, put posters up in the Post Office, muncipal offices, etc. Also talk to your neighbors- he might belong to somebody visiting them.

Gosh, he's cute!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Notify your county animal control as well as neighboring counties with a description and picture. People looking for a lost dog often look there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Ring all the radio stations in your area. Ask them to broadcast a description of him & where he was found. If his owner or someone who knows him hears it, they can ring the station for your phone #.

I hope you find his owners soon. He's cute.

joflake is offline Senior Member

He sure is cute! Maybe take him for a walk around the neighborhood and spread the word. Maybe somebody knows who he belongs to.

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Found ads are usually free in local newspapers

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

When I found dogs, I ran ads in the newspaper, Craigslist, and went to my local shelter with the dog to have them scan him and took all the info. He is very cute and looks healthy so I sure hope his owner finds him.

Good luck!

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Well, no chip guys.

I drove him all over thismorning too. Im in the country so walking would just be out of the question...lol. But noone has ever seen him.

Ive contacted brookline and sparro, so maybe they can take the little guy. I feel so bad.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Callaway View Post
    Well, no chip guys.

I drove him all over thismorning too. Im in the country so walking would just be out of the question...lol. But noone has ever seen him.

Ive contacted brookline and sparro, so maybe they can take the little guy. I feel so bad.
    Don't feel bad you are doing all you can.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Great advice from all! Vets offices and animal control seem to be the places most people check first. I had a lot of luck with newspaper ads, but be warned: You will also get a lot of crazies calling who just want a "free" dog. Don't volunteer a lot of information about the dog you have - let them tell you, and see if the information matches. I can't tell you how many people I had call who were obviously "fishing" for information, trying to get me to tell them something like, "Oh, she has a white spot on her head" so they could say, "Yes, yes, that's her! White spot on her head!" Asshats!!

But ultimately, the ad in the paper was how I found the owner of one lost dog, so crazies aside I think it's worth doing. It was clearly obvious when the real owner finally called. And I'll never forget the moment they were reunited - it's one of those beautiful mental pictures that stays with you forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast