Happy 14½ Birthday Emma!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 14½ Birthday Emma!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultHappy 14½ Birthday Emma!

It feels like last month you were a little puppy, today you are 14½ years. I was 16 then, today I'm 30. Time really does fly and I wish time could stop right now. You have always been such a good dog and I remember a day you were 5 months and I just looked at you through my sisters window and thought: "Wow what an angel!". I didn't know then how much you would mean to me. You lived with her until you were 2 years and 10½ months, even tho you came to visit me during the weekends. The 1st of January 1999 you became mine for real and that was the luckiest day of my life so far.

Through the past 11½ years together we had shared so much together, through laugh and tears. The past 3 years have been tough with 5 surgeries, radiation therapy and a year ago acute pancreatitis, which almost took your life. So many vet visits and so many worries, tears and prayers for you. But you kept fighting with a big smile and a high wagging tail. You don't let the HPC stops you, you just keep smiling. You probably don't know it, but you have saved my life probably more times than I have saved yours. How could I give up and leave when I think about my faithful yeller dawg who is waiting for me where ever I go without you. You have showed us all what life is all about and we all have to keep fighting how hard it is. You never complain, just wag you through life with a big grin on your face. I wish I was more like you in so many ways.

We have a slower pace on our walks now a days. Can't walk the longest walks anymore, but that doesn't matter, after all you are about 100 years old. You still keep up with an hour or two of slow, sniffing walkies. You loves spending time laying under the cherry tree watching people walk by or dreaming in the grass. Searching for cookies I hide, or just spend time with your mom. Hey you still scare me like crazy when you disappear in the bushes and don't come when I call you. I run around looking for you, start panicking and screaming "Emma, Emma where are you?!". After 5 minutes or so you show up smiling your big smile, wagging your tail and look at me with your big, brown, friendly eyes. "I'm here mom! Why are you screaming?" And I give you the biggest hug and kiss and tell you how much I love you! But please don't do that again!

Today we celebrate your half birthday, celebrate love and life. I love you my very best friend, companion, daughter and gift of love. I love you with all my heart and soul and I can honestly say you are the best thing happened to me during my whole life. Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for giving me love. You have been there for me when no one else was. Forever together my friend and keep smiling for me!

Happy 14½ Birthday my sweet sweet Emma!!!
    Last edited by Emma the Lab; 08-16-2010 at 07:37 AM.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Happy half birthday Emma.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

javasmom is offline Senior Member

That is so sweet and very touching.
    Happy 14 1/2 birthday sweet, sweet Emma!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Happy 14 1/2 Emma - lovely tribute Veronica

lisa is offline Senior Member

Happy Birthday Emma, your a beautiful girl...and a lucky girl to have a mommy who loves you with her whole heart and soul. Veronica, that is a beautiful tribute to Emma

all_about_kimber is offline Senior Member

That was a great post and Happy Birthday Emma you sweet looking girl.

Amy & Kimber

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Happy 14 1/2 Emma! You are truly beautiful inside and out.

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

Happy Birthday Emma!!! You are one sweet puppy. No matter how old you get, that puppy Veronica held is still inside. She can see it in your eyes. Veronica, that was a lovely tribute to your Emma. It truly made tears come to my eyes. Keep making warm, happy memories together. Sometimes slow is not such a bad thing...
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Happy Half Birthday, Emma! Your smiling face touches my heart every day.

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Emma, one week after you became Veronica's, my Cappy was born. He turned 11-1/2 last week and sends his very best wishes to you for many more happy and health B-days!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast