Recall...SONG?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recall...SONG?

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRecall...SONG?

Have any of your used or heard of, using a recall song?

During my last round of classes with Rocky I met more than 1 person who did this. The first was our teacher who also walks dogs. She has a way with dogs, gets them exited but not hyper. Each dog has a song so she can sing another dog'S song sometimes to get one to come if they take off (where's my friend!!).

Also met someone who sang Manamana (from the muppets), too funny to see his young wein whip around at the song

The advance is it is hard to use the dreaded "mad" tone which makes it harder to get the dog back to you (I am guilty of this).
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Nope, no song..it's a good idea though. I'd have to think of a song though and I'm not that creative with stuff like that.

When all else fails, I just yell "I HAVE CHEESE".....and they come running....lol

it was often a song playing off their name. Alot of them were from the scooby theme I agree with not being creative on stuff like that but definately want to try with a future puppy.

Our "special" word is "yahoo" but I have to practice once in awhile. It's an emergency recall type thing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mandaz000 is offline Senior Member

I've never heard of it but me and my 10wk old Lab Aspen were in the backyard Saturday and I started singing a song that was stuck in my head...I don't think anyone heard me Oh Well! Aspen did however turn around sit down and look at me with her head tilt sideways... Maybe she just didn't like my singing but it did get her attention.

SweetSasafrassy is offline Senior Member

I tried using Aerosmith "Take me back to my south Talahasse" (cause shes my sweet sasafrassy) but Saff never seemed to catch on that it meant come back. Course her recall sucks... so maybe that had more to do with it.
    Lauren the one who buys Saffy's Kibble

the people who used it trained it though, by rewarding (good things happen when the dog hears this). Teaching a high reward word/song.

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

'Breakfast' does it outside, 'Supper' will make him jump up late at night...

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Mine get excited as it is with just COME! or Front!

They're bonanza word is 'asparagus'...when all else fails, a happy toned 'asparagus' works wonders on their psyche.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I haven't heard of it, but I think it's a great idea!

There is this one handler at our club who uses a unique, sing-songy tone for each command she uses. I just told her the other day how brilliant I thought it was. Dogs can differentiate tones better than they can words. The next puppy I have, I'm going to follow her lead and adopt a tone for each command. It's just another clue that can help them understand.

The only thing I have a "tone" for is "Leave It." It's the same tone as "Ding-Dong," like a doorbell ringing. I have noticed time and time again that, if I don't deliver it in that tone, sometimes the boys fail to respond. If I then repeat it in the "Ding-Dong" tone, they whip right around every time.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

My neighbors already think I'm crazy. Wait till they hear me sing for my dogs to come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast