Kirkland feeders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirkland feeders

Meg
    Meg is offline Senior Member

QuestionKirkland feeders

Have you found that your lab has a preference for the lamb or chicken?

Gauge has been a little lackluster about eating and I'm wondering if he is getting tired of eating the chicken formula. Does this happen? I was thinking of trying the lamb formula, but do I need to gradually switch it or can he just begin eating it? He is not particularly food sensitive and has done really well with the Kirkland ingredients.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I've fed Puff the Kirkland C&R for about 6-7 years.

I fed their L&R for a very brief while but then, after comparing their L&R with that of their C&R formula, changed to their C&R.

The ingredient list for their L&R has many more rice ingredients than that for their C&R.

SO, I've fed Puff their C&R for the last 7 years for supper -- supplemented by 1 Gluc.: 1500 mg/Chondr.: 1200 mg; 1 FO capsule, 1k mg; 1 cup of cooked frozen green stringbeans; 1 small slice of cooked frozen salmon.

At breakfast Puff gets 1 cup Kirkland C&R w/o supplements.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Meg
    Meg is offline Senior Member

Thanks! He eats well for dinner, he just never seems as interested in the mornings.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sammi is also on the C/R - tried the L/R , but like Bob I prefer the C/R for her. Sammi has been on it for 3 1/2 yrs without a problem. Do you keep the food in an air tight container, I did find before I purchased one- that by the bottom of the bag she really didn't seem that interested, now she does fine.

justine is offline Senior Member

Abbey is the definition of a picky eater.. I would just be careful switching around his food or adding things to it to get him to eat it. That's exactly how I started it with Abbey.

Have you ever considered feeding him at night instead of in the morning, too? Sometimes it works well for some dogs

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Nellie was on Kirkland until they changed their formula. She had major allergy problems so we switched to Chicken Soup.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dipete View Post
    Sammi is also on the C/R - tried the L/R , but like Bob I prefer the C/R for her. Sammi has been on it for 3 1/2 yrs without a problem. Do you keep the food in an air tight container, I did find before I purchased one- that by the bottom of the bag she really didn't seem that interested, now she does fine.
    HK will be three in January. She has been on C&R since she turned 9 months. She loves it, any time.

I did find her interest level, and eating rate slowed when near the end of the first bag. She only get 3/4 cup twice a day. I wondered if it was stale or going bad, so I got one of the air tight bins and have had no problems since. She loves her food. She loves almost any food.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Joey is offline Senior Member

Do you know how long ago they changed the formula? Cooper has started to itch a lot in the past few months and I wasn't sure if it could be related to the food or something else.

AZLAB is offline Senior Member

I gave up getting Cinnamon to eat breakfast kibble long ago. She is not a morning puppy and and self regulator and would just not eat. Now I give her 4 or 5 pieces of chicken jerky from Costco which she eats eventually. I also always have kibble in her dish as she is a self regulator.

I have found she is less interested in her kibble by the bottom of the bag. She doesn't eat a lot and it goes stale. So I have started dividing her bag in 1/4. As we share with Cierra they get a bag, I keep a bag to use and the other 2 bags go in Food Saver bags and get sealed. I know BobPR freezes his extra but I don't have room to do that.
    Karon and Cinnamon

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Do you know how long ago they changed the formula? Cooper has started to itch a lot in the past few months and I wasn't sure if it could be related to the food or something else.
    that was about 4 years ago that they changed the forumla. two of my 5 are itching; i think it is their seasonal allergies showing up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast