Surgery help needed..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery help needed..

casey22780 is offline Junior Member

DefaultSurgery help needed..

I really hope this is ok to post here... need help with my boy .. thank you.

Hi all-

I just found out on Friday that my boy Coal has a tumor in his mouth that needs to come out. Surgery is scheduled for October 20th. But first I have to somehow come up with the money to pay for it. I am always raising money for the rescue that I work for and now having to ask for help for one of my own.. next year has got to be better..

Any amount would be greatly appreciated. Again this is for my own personal pet not a rescue. And I hate asking for help but financially things are really tough right now and he really needs this surgery.. so here I am

I have had Coal since he was 12 weeks old. He will be 11 on November 16th and is an absolutely wonderful boy.. Who totally doesn't look like he's 11 yrs old =)

thank you for all your help!

Vet info
    Pet Vac Animal Hospital
    308 Charleston Hwy West Columbia, SC 29169-6340 - (803) 796-8241

Coal (Lil Bridgeman)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by casey22780; 10-21-2009 at 04:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your boy. I don't know that you'll get alot of donations from strangers though, especially internet strangers. Won't your vet take payments?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Unfortunately he doesn't take payments and I applied for CARE credit but because of financial problems this year my credit is crap... so was denied..

i did apply to lab lifeline and hope to hear back from them this week.. they fund owned dogs as well as rescues.. so hopefully they will help.

And I know its a long shot getting help from internet strangers but thought I would post anyway.. hes a great dog and not ready to let him go just yet and if this surgery to remove the tumor gives him another 6months to a year that would be great..

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I hope I didn't sound like a snot when I said that, it's just the sad truth.

I'm really sad for you. Prayers that you get the help you need. Please stick around JL and keep us updated.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

I was a member before and got busy with rescue stuff and 11 dogs in the house didnt leave a lot of time for other stuff =) and when i tried to log back in i guess it had been a long time =) so had to re-register...

and no you didnt sound at all like a snot.. i am the fundraising director for a local rescue here and its hard to raise money for a 501c3 much less an individual especially when its not tax deductible.. and I hit up my friends and family all the time for the rescue.. now i need the help

Oh and the really sad thing is that I thought my foster of 2 yrs Coco would be the first one to go.. hes going on 13 this Dec and gets along better here lately than he has all year... he eats, sleeps and tries to eat poop =) I guess thats an old dog thing because several of them at my house try to beat me to the poop.... but hes doing great.. wasn't doing good early this year but hes bounced back...
    Attached Images Attached Images

brody is offline Senior Member

wouldn't your rescue help you by funding the money upfront and letting you pay themm back maybe?

We have at least one long term member here who is saving money like crazy to try to fund a lump removal herself .. I keep thinking I should post something or figure out someway to help her - Tristan pretty much grew up on the board I think ...
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

if her dogs prognosis is good.. tell her to try Lab Lifeline... they help owned dogs and well as rescues..

I am trying for that but have to get a letter from vet with anticipated prognosis and chest xrays to make sure it hasnt spread to lungs.. if its cancer..

SeaWolfLabs is offline Senior Member

Good luck...I hope that somehow youre able to make it happen.
    Can you explain the situation to the vet and ask him/her to make an exception to the "no payments" policy? maybe with the economy being so bad, they would be willing to bend a little? Or, can you try a bank credit card to put it on that?
    i hope everything works out.

Aidan- UCH Kelrobins Yellow Brick Road aka/ The PorkChop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast