A huge thank you

Thread: A huge thank you

mommacomet is offline Senior Member

DefaultA huge thank you

I wanted to thank everyone for all their wonderful help, advice and just plain wonderful hospitality over the past 10 months with Katie. You have been so much help and Katie has come so far it the last 10 months.

A bittersweet decision, Katie left our home today for a new life. My mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimers and in the last 4 months she has progressively gotten much worse and her good days are getting fewer. Mom is living with us so I am her primary care giver and with my husband working close to 60 hours a week and all three of my son's in college it just wasn't fair to Katie in anyway shape or form that she wasn't getting the exercise or mental stimulation or attention she needed and deserved.

Katie is going to be going through a wonderful program to become a service dog. They have a wonderful program and she will get all the love, attention, exercise and mental stimulation she deserves.

Once again, thank you all for everything. I would love to stay a part of your group so I can continue to see your beautiful babies and continue to learn from you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lisa is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear about your mom and of course about Katie. It is wonderful that you love her so much, that you are doing what is best for her. I am sure she will have a great life. We look forward to having you stay here with us. Prayers for you and your family.

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    So sorry to hear about your mom and of course about Katie. It is wonderful that you love her so much, that you are doing what is best for her. I am sure she will have a great life. We look forward to having you stay here with us. Prayers for you and your family.
    Ditto that! I can understand that this wasn't an easy decision for you, please do continue to hang out here.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

I'm so sorry about your mother - I'm going through a similar process. If it weren't for Dinozzo, I'd still be on the prozac - but you loved Katie so much you gave her up. That is true love. I wish you all the very best and, like HM says, hope you stay with us. HUGZ

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I am sorry to hear about your mother too. I can imagine that this must be truly all-consuming for you right now, and I agree, in a situation like this it is the kindest thing for Katie to find her another living situation, as terribly hard as I know it was. Hope you will stay around and let us know how things are going for you. Sending you love and hugs.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am sorry about your mother. You made a very difficult decision but one made with Katie's best interest in mind. I hope you stay around. We always have a shoulder to lean on & ears to just listen if you need to talk.

justine is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your mother.. I think Katie will excel in the program

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers for your family and I am sure Katie will do great !

Wendy B. is offline Senior Member

I 'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Good luck to you and Katie in her new home