Just not ready for this!

Thread: Just not ready for this!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust not ready for this!

Hershey Kisses has her nephew Newman staying over for the weekend. They get a long so well, and enjoy playing tug with each other. Its kind of entertaining to watch to see who will go find a tug toy to tease the other with first. But thats not the problem.

Up at 6 this morning, and take the dogs outside. WTH is that? The ground is covered with snow and its 24F out there. Its only Oct 10 for crying out load. The dogs take care of busineess and then the problem becomes obvious. The energy level is up. Not interested in coming back in. Chasing each other around, and Newman (at 8 years) does not have the agility or ability for a fast run anymore, but he is having no problem this morning.

Off to the DP, and its the same thing. Trying to get these two back in the car took a half hour. Its not like they don't know the routine, they just were not ready to give up the fun in the snow. And its only an inch for crying out loud. Come on dogs, I am not ready for this.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Keep it. I'm even less ready for snow. LOL
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Yeah, it's the pits.

This has been a very cool, wet summer in our part of NE Kansas.

We had one scattered frost overnight last week; last night there was killing frost and it's supposed to get even colder tonight.

On our early morning walk this morning, I wore my winter parka and Puff's rubber band motor was wound really tight. Maybe I'll get some use out of my XC skis this winter.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Glad you have the snow and not us. Isn't changing seasons fun? The dogs sure like the cooler weather. Mine seem energized all the time outside. But that's ok. It could be much, much worse. Glad you enjoyed your snow this morning.

justine is offline Senior Member

Ah crap, that means its headed my way!

What is it about the cold that makes everybody feel better and want to stay outside twice as long?!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

The boys are thrilled with the cool temps, and when they come in from going potty they butt-tuck around the house. I can't wait for the first real snow, because they go insane at the dog park. The tracks they leave make it look like there's been over 20 dogs with the zoomies instead of just two!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy