Dog Day: I guess we're going

Thread: Dog Day: I guess we're going

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Day: I guess we're going

Even though Angus is not going to be Dog Day King I guess we'll go ahead and go, unless it's raining in a big way.

Next door neighbor wants to go and take Owen and hook up there. They're going to enter him in the "Cutest Puppy" contest, so we'll go and support him. Maybe I can at least push him through. LOL

It comes down to, we really need to go, as I need TIRED DOGS tomorrow. MIL and other family are coming in to stay with us for 24 hours. I'm nervous. We've never had overnight house guests since we've had the boys. Yes, aren't we the social butterflies? MIL is very small and fragile. I hope they do OK with her.

I think I'll crate Angus and put Simon in the FL room while we're gone out sightseeing for a couple of hours, just in case MIL leaves something out that they shouldn't get into.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Often when we have guests over I crate my jumper until he cools down some and everyone is used to having new people in the house. Then he gets let out and since all the excitement is gone, he usually goes about his business.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

justine is offline Senior Member

I think it should be fun, even though Angus was cheated out of winning! That would definitely tire them out, so they would (theoretically) be better for your company.

It sounds like a fun thing to do with them, out of the house and not in a class - just lots of people and dogs and dog stuff. I would go!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Yeah, it's something different. Most of their outings are to one class or another. And they really really enjoy those - but this will be fun in a different way.

Another thing I can do that will be good is find lots of men to give Angus a treat. I'm working on helping him not be afraid of men, and have been recruiting men at the dog club to interact with. But we're a little short on guys down there. There should be plenty of opportunities today!