Change!

Thread: Change!

joflake is offline Senior Member

DefaultChange!

I know our dogs are creatures of habit. Do your dogs get wigged out if you change stuff around the house? We have sort of an island in the kitchen with bar stools. I had a dog bed in between that and the microwave stand, since we hang out in the kitchen alot, it gives the dogs a place to lay out of our way. Well I moved one of the bar stools into that space and put the dog bed on the other side of the stand. Willy will not lay on it over there. He sticks his head as far into the rungs of the barstool as he can and just lays right there. Like he thinks he can get under it or something. That is his spot and he is not moving! Silly Willy!
    Last edited by joflake; 10-09-2009 at 03:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kelli is offline Senior Member

tucker does.. he was up a lot during the night when i moved my bed from one side of the room to the other.. he's a huge creature of habit.. koda.. not so much..

kelli, tucker and koda

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

When we lived overseas, one morning Toby and Chamois went downstairs and started barking madly at something. It was the new coffee table that I'd brought home the evening before.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TobysTrix View Post
    When we lived overseas, one morning Toby and Chamois went downstairs and started barking madly at something. It was the new coffee table that I'd brought home the evening before.
    That's hilarious. Willy will do that with stuff outside. Libby not so much.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Just try moving one of their crates to another location!

When we were shampooing the carpeting, we did the dining room first. Champ's crate had to go in the living room. Sent him to his crate and he went to where it's supposed to be and just circled around, lost - even though he could clearly see it only 6' away.

Time to do the living room, put Champs's crate back where it belongs and moved Buddy's near the door. Sent Buddy to his crate and he does the same thing Champ did, circling where it's supposed to be with a lost look on his face. "It was right here a minute ago, what happened to it? Where did it go? Help, I'm lost!"
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Dukesdad is offline Senior Member

They do seem to form a rigid mental image of their environment and when something is different they notice immediately. One morning ritual is to open the front shutters. Duke is always there to make sure everything is as it should be in the front yard. If ANYTHING is different he lets me know.

Duke and Freckles at their country home

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Bauer is a huge creature of habit. My husband parked on the wrong side of the driveway for 2 days, and Bauer was confused about which car to get into. In the morning, I take my kids to school and for 2 days he stood outside my husband's car waiting to get in (because it was closest to the house). Now that the cars have switched postion he gets in the right car . . . what a weirdo!
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.