Where to put second cage...

Thread: Where to put second cage...

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhere to put second cage...

I will be bringing home Pitch's Brother on Saturday. Pitch is a kennel lifer, and his cage is in our livingroom. There is plenty of room for a second cage right next to Pitch's. Is this a good idea?

I am starting to wonder how he is going to react around a new puppy. He has always been the mellow boy. Not sure how he is going to react to a puppy biting him and such. Probably the same way when the kids climb on him, just lay there and let it happen.

If I put the cage side by side, will this cause the puppy to be up all night barking, cause he wants to play with Pitch? Or will it be more of a comfort level for the puppy to have Pitch side by side. I can move the cage elsewheres, but wondering if there are Pro's and Cons of having them side by side.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

I can't offer any help but I just can't wait to see the two of them together!!!!

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

I have 3 crates, side by side, but my dogs are older. I also have a cover across the top of them that I can drape over the side, if I need to. I think the puppy will be comforted to have your other dog nearby.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I bet it will be a comfort to the puppy. Pitch might not like it too much - young whippersnapper disturbing his rest and such. LOL!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

When we brought Moka home at 8 weeks we put her crate right next to Java's. Their crates are still next to each other. I'm sure Java must get a bit annoyed because Moka is a mover when she sleeps and she makes alot of noise...but Java never complains.
    I think it helped to have their crates next to each other.
    For the first week we actually turned the crates a bit so they faced each other, so Moka could actually see Java in her crate too.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Awesome, Thanks!!!! I think I will keep them next to each other then. Now if I can just decide on a name for this little man. I think we have narrowed it down. I swear it was easier naming the babies I birthed.

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Yup, I have a crate room, and they are all lined up right next to each other. Now, I don't remember the last time that room was used though!
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

We have 2 crates next to each other in the living room for when we have to lock the boys up. Jed relaxes in his all the time.

lisa is offline Senior Member

I never crate trained Gracie ( although I wish I had). Lola's crate is in my bedroom and Gracie sleeps right by her side. I think they will be ok near each other. Try it, if it doesn't work out, you can always move the new pups crate. Can't wait for pictures