Need Some Ideas

Thread: Need Some Ideas

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeed Some Ideas

About 3 days ago when i woke up there was a little present on the living room floor. It was a Tal style poop. This morning, another pile, but this was a Barney style. No dirrahea, change in routine or diet. They always let me know when they need to go out during the day and never any problem when I am at work. They get let out at lunchtime. I'm not sure who to crate. I put some Nature's Miracle down and ran the carpet cleaner so I know there wans't any smell for them. I'll run the carpet cleaner later today. The only other time this happened was when Barney had the whipworms. And when Tal got into the goose poop. And this poop is normal. So I am baffled as to why the midnight bathroom run??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Maybe something scared the shit out of them???lol Sorry, I really don't know what would cause that. I guess I'd let it ride unless it happens again. Then, you might have to crate one than the other to see who the offender is.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

I think I would run a stool sample over to the vets to rule out parasites. Since the last time this happened was once when one dog had worms. At least to rule it out. Hopefully this isn't an ongoing thing for you.

-Shannon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Hmmm. A bit of a mystery. Meg (beagle) annoyingly has done this since she was a baby. She's nearly 9 years old now. But with Meg, it's only when there are storms in the night. She's always had a little bit of an emotional problem with thunder and heavy rain.

Seamus and Flynn

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

When is the last time you take them out for a pee & poop?

I take Puff out usually at 10 PM, but sometimes at midnight if I'm involved with some activity.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr. View Post
    When is the last time you take them out for a pee & poop?

I take Puff out usually at 10 PM, but sometimes at midnight if I'm involved with some activity.

Bob, last trip outside is about 10:30 which is just before I turn in. Thanks for the responses. Maybe this is just one of those things that occasionally happens! I really don't think there is any kind of bug since the consistency was normal. If there was some bug I'd think that by now I would have had to clean up lots more poop! I am wondering if last night's was Tals because Barney went poop first thing this AM. Tal usually goes at noon and he hasn't gone yet today. But who knows!

justine is offline Senior Member

That's so weird.. If it were me, I would be baffled, too. Most of time if they have worms the stool is not normal and very soft or diarrhea. Did you give them a special snack that's out of the ordinary? I wonder if they got into something weird... too much fiber? LOL

Well, this AM woke up and all was clean. So who knows! They only possibility I can think of is that they (or one of them) got into something maybe but the poop is normal consistency. Sometimes I give them a bone with marrow but it has been a few weeks since I did that. Their stool gets a little soft, but no house pooping. Oh well. I guess it is just an occasional thing!