Those cold, wet noses get everywhere!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those cold, wet noses get everywhere!!

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

DefaultThose cold, wet noses get everywhere!!

We all agree that our labs are some of the nicest looking dogs around, you only have to go into the puppy thread to see that.

We all agree that their loyalty, intelligence and general lust for life brings a lump of sheer pride to our throats too.

I guess we can all admit, laugh and accept the fact that they are goofy, clumsy, have a tail that could fracture a knee cap with one over exuberant wag and that they tend to get themselves into some "dodgy" "it wasn't me honest mom" situations.

But how about embarrassment? My Jed, the angelic, handsome. excellently trained, uber sensitive PAT dog came into school with me today, he was pottering around off leash before the students arrived proudly sporting his PAT vest and collar, when the Janitor walked in.

As nice and friendly and chatty as the janitor is, he is also, due to his job I guess, a little dirty, sweaty and generally unkempt.

Before I could cross the room to grab Jed firmly by the collar, he had his cold wet snout stuck there sniffing in a "sensitive" area on the janitor's person!!

I really tried to keep eye contact with him and pretend it wasn't happening but in all reality it took all my strength to prize that muzzle off of that crotch.

Jeez how embarrassing!

What have your pups done to embarrass you?

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Jefferson is really bad about doing that. And not only to sweaty workers.
    I had him at the vet's office and was writing my check. Jefferson walked to the end of his leash and prompty "goosed" the gentleman who had just come in.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

MNLab is offline Senior Member

I bet that was a nice sight to behold, although Daisy is not too into crotch sniffing I have heard my fiance yell out some choice words when he gets out of the shower and Daisy happens to wander in while he's toweling off!
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Oh man do I know that embarassing feeling, when they do that.

Lexi is a regular crotch sniffer & she is NOT subtle about it. She just burrows right in, I am usually & going "Lexi, NO, come here!" When we encounter new people, I usually try to keep her on a very short leash so she does not do that.

Thankfully, family & close friends are used to her & take it in stride.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK is partial to the ladies and likes to poke them from behind. DW is going to kill her one day, it is the daily greeting when she comes in the house from work.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

A couple of years ago, every time my girlfriend came to visit with her boyfriend, she was always late, Fanny would go over to her and stick her nose where it wasn't polite. It amused the heck out of me, and my girlfriend would laugh and between us we would pull her off...........

Eddie likes to goose............ thank goddnes the other two are too short ...............

Retriever Mama is offline Senior Member

Remy. Oh Remy. He's very helpful. He gets worried that you might need help in the bathroom. Luckily for him our 1/2 bath on the first floor...the door doesn't latch properly. My poor friends are often intruded upon at the most indecent moments. Nothing like the assistance of a lab!
    Melissa, Remy & Brooklyn

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Lexis other favorite thing to do to me is... goose me with her cold wet nose. This is not so bad in the spring & summer, but come winter time... *ooohhh* that is a big wake up call to find a cold labby nose under your bathrobe.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

joflake is offline Senior Member

Libby never does that, but Willy does. He doesn't care if you're male or female he has to sniff the crotch as soon as he sees you. I also keep him away from new people and after the initial greeting, pat on the head, he's lost interest. So some people get lucky and don't get the nudge.

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

None of my do it. But many many years ago the cocker I had back when I was a kid was an expert. And the dog was worse than a Rottweiler, so if you tried to push him away from the innocen person he could bite you... That dog was mad...

Then my Brownie discovered that the best way to get your attention was to poke your behind with her nose (she didn´t sniff, just poked). Of course she always got the attention she wanted, who was going to ignore that?

Homer and Misha will jump on you to death... but at least they don´t sniff private areas...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast