By recquest the news parper article....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: By recquest the news parper article....

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultBy recquest the news parper article....

...about my girl in the local paper last monday:

It's a section called "people and family" in the local news paper making articles about just that: People and family... My mom told me once she thought Emma had been through so much and had earned a place in the paper. I played with the thought a long time and mailed the paper. They thought it was an interesting story and wanted an interview so here it is.

Hunden Emma en stark hj

Translation from Swedish to English:

HP meets....
    Emma the Hero dog: Veronica Styrnell's best friend.

A little about Emma:
    Born: 16th of February 1996
    Breed: Labrador Retrever, the field trial type.
    Lives: Vallås.
    Interests: Long, slow nice walks and be in the allotment gardens.
    Favorite food: Boiled Cod and Chicken.

The Dog Emma a strong heroine
    It's a tough girl- Emma the Labrador. She almost took her last breath, but she came back. Last winter she saved her mom from falling in Nissan (a river).

It sure sparkle in the eyes when Veronica Styrnell talks about her best friend. They have been through a whole lot together since she took over the Labrador from her sister eleven years ago.

-Emma has always been very mellow and relaxed. She's like Ferdinand the bull, says Veronica.

Emma hasn't been on any training classes, but is following her owner although she's a stubborn dog.

Everything hasn't been a dance on roses. 3 times Emma has had surgeries on her neck and once on her elbow.

-The tumor is incurable and she has been on radiotherapy 6 times, but it's growing locally without spreading through the body.

The radiotherapy was in Jönköping (a town 106 miles from there we live) was tough during three months (which is wrong. It was 3 WEEKS!)

-We went by bus and train.

Like this wasn't enough Emma got Pancreatis last August.

-Before we got there she got unconscious.

She got IV fluids and eventually woke up.

Emma had to stay on the hospital and eventually start training to walk again. Veronica was there to see her best friend every day and on the 5th day she was able to bring Emma home.

Veronica is unemployed for the moment but in the summer she's gonna work in a nursing home.

She has a lot of time to spend and take long walks with Emma. They were also out one day during the winter along Nissan (a river). Emma was running in front on the little snowy trail which was slippery like glass. Veronica felled and couldn't manage to get up on her own.

- I could have fallen down in the river. I called Emma who turn around and come over to me so I could put the leash on her. Then I got support of her and we took us to safe ground.

Veronica is happy Emma was with her, other wise she could have been laying on the ground for a long time.

Veronica just got a little pain in her arm and Emma got a kiss on her nose.

Emma is very active for her age, despite the problem with her illness she have to carry through the rest of her life.

-It's the walks that keep her young. She is still get in to mischief and gets me laugh every day. Her tail is always wagging and she is the most good-natured spirit. We are very best friends and the love to each other is mutual

And right now, when I wrote this post, the phone rang, I didn't bother to answer.... BUT the third time in just a short while I got a little disturbed and took the phone... It was a girl from a big Swedish magazine . The news had made it to her part of the woods and she wanted to do an article about Emma! If I had knew how big this would be I don't know if I had called the news paper to make that article in the first place. Oh the things we do for our dogs!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

murphsmom is offline Senior Member

Very cool. Great story!

MurphySullyHogan

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Awesome!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

Wonderful story and pictures!!! Can't wait to hear about her next big story!

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Wonderful story. Newspaper, magazine, what's next? A movie?
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

What a great story, brought tears to my eyes because I know how much you love her - that's how I feel about Saba. I hope you'll share the next story with us too!

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Emma is a celebrity !!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Samson is offline Senior Member

Our own Swedish super star .........................and Veronica

joflake is offline Senior Member

Sweet Emma is my hero!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad that Emma the Hero is getting the attention she deserves. Sweet Beautiful Emma, you go girl!

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast