Good boy Bauer!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good boy Bauer!!!

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultGood boy Bauer!!!

We have taken Bauer to my son's baseball games since he was a little puppy. The first summer he was a little puppy and was fine. Last summer he was 1 and it was difficult at times. He had a hard time relaxing with all of the people and commotion, he would get very excited when kids came up to pet him; and I spent a lot of time trying to stay away from everyone.

Now, at the very mature age of 2 he has been a perfect gentleman at games this year. He lays next to my chair, and seems to enjoy being there. He is so good as people walk by. Last year he would jump up and try to make everyone pay attention to him. He doesn't freak out when other dogs walk by (even if the other dogs freak out and lunge and bark at him). He has been awesome!

Tonight I was a little concerned when a friend's baby (8 months old) crawled over to him. Bauer has never been around babies. When he crawled over Bauer rolled over on his back and let the baby climb all over him. When the baby stopped climbing on him he sat down next to Bauer and Bauer started licking his feet, and the baby just cracked up. It was cutest thing I have ever seen. So proud!
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MnMsMom9902 is offline Senior Member

Good boy indeed, Bauer!

Miko (April 6, 2009), CGC

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

WTG Bauer!

I can just imagine hte baby cracking up! Cute!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

murphsmom is offline Senior Member

Adorable story. Murphy and Sully love going to the Little League park. So much fun; lots of people, new smells, and maybe a bite of popcorn! =)

MurphySullyHogan

Dexter Dogg is offline Senior Member

That is awesome Debi!

WTG Bauer!

You all sound like a very sporting family...so when we gonna see Bauer on a dock?!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

And you should be, WTG sweet Bauer!!

joflake is offline Senior Member

Good boy Bauer! He just needed some time to grow up a little. I'm glad he loved the baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Dogg View Post
    That is awesome Debi!

WTG Bauer!

You all sound like a very sporting family...so when we gonna see Bauer on a dock?!
    We do want to get him on the dock, but we are so busy with the human-kid's sports that it is hard to get into something else. He jumps off the dock at my MIL's house, and he is really good at it. I know its different in front of people and jumping into a pool . . . but I think he would do really well. He jumps really far at the lake.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Bauer, you could teach my three clowns a few things about good behavior, and you're younger than all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by joflake View Post
    Good boy Bauer! He just needed some time to grow up a little. I'm glad he loved the baby!
    I am glad too! He watched the baby crawl around on the grass, and was very interested in him. The baby had never been around a dog, and was equally interested in Bauer. The dad was holding the baby and walked over to say Hi; Bauer sniffed the babies feet and checked him out. The dad lowered the baby and let him touch Bauer's fur. Bauer is usually very wiggly when meeting someone for the first time, he rubs up against them and tries to make them pet him. I was afraid that he would do the same to the baby and knock him over, but he did the opposite of what I expected. It was as if he knew that the same rules didn't apply with this little person. He is always surprising me.
    Debi and Bauer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast