Annoyed

Thread: Annoyed

Meg1230 is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnnoyed

I need to vent. I bring Bailey with me anywhere I can because I feel bad leaving her home if she is able to come with me. Today is my sister's birthday so I was going over her house for cake with the family and I asked to bring Bailey. My mom told me it was fine. I get to my sister's and her dog starts humping Bailey and licking her butt. This is normal for my sister's dog to do apparently. Bailey gets annoyed at this bc she can't sit or lay down without this dog being up her butt (literally). Normally my sister puts her dog in the crate bc she annoys Bailey. My brother in law says there is no reason for their dog to be in the crate, it's not fair (it's not fair, I agree, but the dog(Yogi) is untrained and doesn't listen). So the dog didn't go in the crate. After about 20 minutes, I decided I was just going to leave because Bailey was sitting following my commands with a dog humping her. I apoligized to my sister for having to leave, but no one wanted to entertain their dog while I was trying to keep Bailey occupied. Everyone was just watching and yelling their dog's name (this dog weighs about 15 pounds, not sure of the breed...he is a mix of something). This humping was out of control...I 've never seen such persistant humping and licking of the butt.

They live in a condo so neither dog could just go outside. It is pretty well known in my family that I bring Bailey everywhere, she always comes with me when I go to my mom's and always to my sister's (well I guess today ended that).

I was getting annoyed that no one was trying to control Yogi. My brother in law who was so against putting him in the crate goes and sits upstairs after I get there and never even says hi to me. So I tell my sister the dog needs to be nutered...she tells me it is too expensive. I also just find out that this dog does not have his rabies shot bc they have no money to go to the vet. I then tell them if they don't think they have enough money to do those things they should not even have a dog. I cannot believe this dog does not have a rabies shot. Now I really don't want Bailey around this dog (you never know what could happen). I then say if Yogi ever did something they would be in big trouble for the dog not being up to date. Now...they do make plenty of money, but they don't spend it wisely...so apparently eating out all the time and spoiling their kids like crazy is more important than their dog.

I leave their house and my brother in law yells down the stairs there is no reason for me to bring the dog with me. My poor dog is home all day alone while I am at work...i feel bad crating her again after being home for about 2 hours. She is still basically a puppy and shouldn't be alone that long. Bringing her with me to my sister's has never been a problem till today.

My brother in law really annoys me...he also thinks I shouldn't ask my mom or his oldest son to let my dog out if I need it. I got a dog I should sacrafice and not do something if I need the dog taken out. I ask my mom maybe twice a month to take the dog out or watch her while I do something on a weekend. My nephew (he's 19) stays at my house if I go away for a weekend (which is about one weekend every 2-3 months). I pay my nephew rather than boarding her with strangers. My nephew never once said no or hesitated to watch her. He said he likes staying at my place by himself.

OK...I am done venting. Looks like Bailey will never go to my sister's house again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1230 View Post
    ...I got a dog I should sacrafice and not do something if I need the dog taken out...
    That from the guy who can't sacrifice on extras so his dog gets neutered and a rabies vac? That's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Well - it's his house so if you can't bring your dog there and have a nice time - either leave her home or don't go.

In NJ - EVERY community does free rabies clinics. There is simply no reason to not have the dog vaccinated. They sound very irresponsible. I'd me more concerned frankly about what other vaccines this dog does not have and the illnesses that you are potentially exposing your puppy to.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    Well - it's his house so if you can't bring your dog there and have a nice time - either leave her home or don't go.
    The reason I brought her was bc my sister said it was fine. I bring her there all the time and it's never been a problem. I usually can keep Bailey occupied and their dog doesn't hump as much, but today it was out of control and no one was doing anything. My brother in law went upstairs as soon as I got there. He obviously didn't want Bailey there to begin with. So from now on I won't be bringing her with me or I won't go to their house.

MyGoldenBoy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1230 View Post
    The reason I brought her was bc my sister said it was fine.
    I thought your mother said it was fine. Did you talk to your sister or BIL before bringing your dog?

I think it's a good decision that you made not to bring your dog to your BIL and sister's house anymore when you visit with them. No vacs + not welcome is a good reason to keep him home.

patm is offline Senior Member

You have 2 problems here - one is their dog that is not neutered , ill mannered and humps your dog with no repercussions. The other one is that your brother in law sounds like a real butthead. Unfortunately it is his house (and your sisters of course, but this is obviously something that she has chosen to stay out of). I would only take my dog there if the brother-in-law isn't going to be there, and then crate the little monster dog.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I am sorry, but I have to ask.

The humping and licking has not happened before? Is Bailey spayed? Could she be in, going into heat?

That aside, it is your BIL and sisters house. It is their dog's home. Unfortunately, you have to deal with them and their rules if you visit there. If you go back with Bailey, I am assuming Bailiey is reasonably well behaved, I suggest you occupy their dog and correct as necessary.

Not sure how your Mom and nephew taking your dog out got into this thread, or what business it is of your BILs, but I would ignore his comments on what you do in your home, and who takes care of your dog when. It might be worth checking with Mom and nephew to see if you are okay with what you ask them to do.

All that said, calm down, enjoy Bailiey, and over time work out the issues with family. Maybe you need to have lunch with your sister and talk some of the dog stuff out. How they spend their money? Not your business, unless they ask you for something related. That is often really tough for parents, siblings need to stay out of it. Said only with the intent of being helpful.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I do agree that it's there house, and probably you shouldn't take your dog there anymore under the circumstances.

If you want to be bitchy about it, report them. Not having a rabies shot/tag is against the law.

Yes, Bailey is spayed. I agree that it is their house, but I was told I could bring her....I think that is why it annoyed me so much. But Bailey will not be going there anymore.