Vehicle ramp suggestions??

Thread: Vehicle ramp suggestions??

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

DefaultVehicle ramp suggestions??

Does anyone have a brand or type of ramp you have or suggest. I have seen many different kinds and wondered which would be the best. I would mainly use it for getting Raven in and out of my vehicles but we have also been doing a lot of camping this year (in an rv) and depending on the area we are set up in, sometimes the rv steps are a bit high for her to get into.

Also suggestions on how to get her to use the ramp and not be afraid of it...I can see that happening already.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

I don't have any suggestions but I'll be courious to see the replies... I will need one for my car too.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

We use this one:

Walmart.com: PetSTEP Folding Pet Ramp in Khaki: Dogs

Its OK, I have never seen one that really blew me away.

Couple cheez-its, luring up/down the ramp and the "load up" command and you are in like flint.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

I did a search on the internet when I bought mine since the ones I was seeing were so damn expensive. It's been years so I can't remember where I got it. It is plastic and folds in half for storage. I used treats to train Tucson to go up the ramp; down was no problem. She hated it but it worked. I have yet to use it for Nellie or Bailey since they ride in the back seat of my 4Runner.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

georgie is offline Senior Member

We have the Pet Step Ramp & we have had it for years. easy to use & not extremely heavy. Several people in our lab club have it & also like it alot. We bought it for for old lab Shadow. We just started out in the yard with it flat & offered treats & we put it on our SUV and she walked jup it without any problems. Of course we used treats several times while getting her used to it.

PetSTEP - Premium Dog Ramps For Any Size Dog

bigbrownsmom is offline Senior Member

Amazon.com: Solvit 62337 Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp: Kitchen & Dining

I have a SUV and this is the one I use. The reviews are mixed on it, but I haven't had any problems. Been using it for about two years now. We "practiced" with it on my parents mini van (lower to the ground) and then moved onto the SUV. Laddie goes right up and down and it has held up to his 90lb rear end.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

I have the original telescoping ramp from Solvit. It looks like the Half Ramp II, but has another piece the same size that slides out to make it longer. The reason I went with that one is because #1, it has higher side rails, #2, it's carpeted and #3, because it telescopes, it's more adjustable.

Ramps_Main

I taught Mick to use it by going back to how we taught the A frame in agility- I started out having Mick walk along it with it laying flat on the floor, then moving it to a door way. Unfortunately, Mick couldn't use it because the height ofg our vehicles made it too steep for him with his LP. But Caleb didn't hesitate to use it when I pulled it out for him to get into the back of my old truck (he was too big for me to lift, but too young for me to be comfortable with him jumping into the truck).

lcspt is offline Senior Member

This is what I use for Kona .......... I've had it for 5 years and it still works. Dog Ramp.com - Pioneers of the First Telescoping Dog Ramp. Double Telescoping 70" Model Information. Buy Direct and Save!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt View Post
    This is what I use for Kona .......... I've had it for 5 years and it still works. Dog Ramp.com - Pioneers of the First Telescoping Dog Ramp. Double Telescoping 70" Model Information. Buy Direct and Save!
    That's pretty much what my Solvit ramp looks like.

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

Thanks guys, this is really helpful.