Those with poop eaters. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those with poop eaters.

hauts is offline Member

Kimber is a poop eater, but she only eats her own if it is fresh out of the oven. She also eats moose and deer poop. I haven't tried the food additives because I want her to quit eating her poop on her own. I do not want to have to add stuff to her food the rest of her life. I've had Kimber for 4 months now and still go outside with her when I let her out. I just pull her away with a leash and say no when she tries to eat it and it seems like it is starting to pay off. She does not turn around right after pooping to try and eat it anymore and I know a few times I've left her outside and she pooped without eating it.

Kassabella, can you not order an E-collar online? Are they illegal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

murphsmom is offline Senior Member

I must confess. Murphy is a poop eater. The only thing that has worked for us is picking it up right after he goes. UGH!!!!! Terrible habit. It really grosses me out.

MurphySullyHogan

kaytris is offline Senior Member

only guaranteed method i've found is to pick it up immediately.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Kolby is my poop eater - we are always outside with him since we aren't allowed to have a fenced in yard. He still sneaks one every now and then if we aren't 100% watching his every move. We've been picking up poop every day and it seems to be helping.. but I don't think there's much that will stop him

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Okay - I can't believe I opened this thread during my lunch break..... I mean, how stupid was THAT!!!!

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Pitch has never been engrossed by his own, or any others for that matter. Though my old dog, loved to snack on anything that did deficate. The worst was when he would clear out a litterbox and roll in it. That would totally gross me out. I tried everything possible to change the taste and nothing seemed to work for him except doing the best to keep all stool cleaned up. We even tried a product called Forbid. That I think only made it taste better to him.

I miss my old dog, but there are some things I really don't miss about him.

-Shannon

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

lol.. wellpp... if given the chance apple will eat every poop she comes in contact with including deer poop. Apple is always supervised when shes out so she never has the chance to eat poop. And when the dog's poop i already have a bag under their tushy to catch it before it hits the ground.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I never had a dog-poop eater before Kate. Molly & Abby will eat deer & rabbit poop but never dog. So I was shocked when I saw Kate eating it this past winter. She never did it until winter time. But now we have to watch her because I have noticed if we miss a pile....she will be on it in a heart beat. Sometimes just a lick or two before she listens to the "leave it."

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Teddy is my poo eater. Disgusting. Then he burps and belches all night. Which smells even worse than fresh poo. Jefferson hates poo and won't go near it.
    Teddy used to race me to the poo and gobble it up before I could get there to pick up. He has gotten better. Now if I am out in the yard, I can tell if he has found a poo pile that I missed. He slinks up to it. He will leave it if I am out there. It took a lot of work. And I started by letting them out one at a time, pick up poo, let the other out. Teddy would race around the yard searching for the poo he knew Jefferson had just done. Reminded me of someone on crack.
    I usually am out whenever they go out. At 5:30 in the morning I am out with a flashlight watching and picking up poo. Any time they go out I am out there watching. Jefferson however, doesn't like to be watched. He will wait until my back is turned and go. So I sometimes miss his.
    Now if I am not out in the yard, all bets are off. Teddy thinks he is in paradise.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12