Just Labradors banner

Brought the boys Swiming today

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  justine 
#1 · (Edited)
There is a place in town I heard you can let dogs swim that is fenced off on land and safe. It was a beautiful day (and I was off) so I took a chance and tried to find it.

Well, it was a terrible experience and I have no one to blame but myself. The water was not fenced, and leads to a river. Rocky took off after a duck and swam after it (even after it flew off and landed farther away) and showed no sign of coming back. He was out of sight for 5 minutes and I nearly died, had a complete melt down. Thank god he came back, finally giving up on the duck and was leashed up real quick. Yes - we will be going back to square one for recall and I will not repeat a similiar scenario.

Ryley was a complete star, he is a great boy, he went off after Rocky but came right back to me when I called him.

Anyhoo, here are some photos:

The guily party

This is the beginning, Rocky in front going for the duck - the duck who he followed down the river

The boys swimming - Ryley's mouth is open and he is drinking LOL

Rock on a rock

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.