People piss me off
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People piss me off

javasmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultPeople piss me off

When Moka broke her leg I borrowed a large wire crate from a friend. The girls are usually in large plastic
    crates, but I thought the large wire crate would be better for Moka. More room and she would be able to see everything going on in the family room with us.
    Anyways, yesterday I went to return it to my friend Mac, who owns a hockey pro shop. I brought Moka with me (he's fine with it, he has a lab also). There were a couple of guys there when we went. Moka is very friendly and social, went over to say hello, etc. They asked about her shaved area, which hasn't grown in all the way yet and is clearly visible. Mac told them what happened to her...broken leg, 2 surgeries. One guy, of course, asked what that cost us. So, I told him. He snorted and said "I'd have gotten a new dog, would've been alot cheaper. No way would I have spent that on the dog. Could've bought 5 dogs for that amount."
    I looked at him and said "Did you really just say that to me? She was 4 months old and it was an accident. I should have put her down because of it and just gotten a new dog?" Guy said "Yup, it's what I would've done. " At that point I put myself in front of Moka and body blocked her from him. Made her sit. He continued to try to get her attention to pat her, until I said "You don't deserve the privilege of patting my dog." Walked away and left.
    Really? I mean, believe me, I understand it's alot of money to pay to fix a dog, but that there are people out there who seriously think I should have or would have put Moka down, or would have done it if it were their dog, makes me sick.
    Jerk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thunders Mom is offline Senior Member

Good for you!!! Have to remember that putting yourself between whoever and the dog bit and that comment, priceless!!!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

What a d*ck

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

Let's hope the guy doesn't break his leg - his wife/family may decide they could get a dozen new men for what it would cost to fix him.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen View Post
    Let's hope the guy doesn't break his leg - his wife/family may decide they could get a dozen new men for what it would cost to fix him.
    LOL
    I didn't even bother telling him about Java's knees and what THAT is costing us. He probably would have just pulled a gun and shot my dogs, knowing what we are spending on that!!

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

I'd have been tempted to grab the closest hockey stick & smack him with it in the nuts. Then when he was crying in pain, I'd have said "Oh, you are injured, guess we ought to put you down!"

What a total jackass!!!

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

What an a$$. Good for you for taking a stand!
    Hope he doesn't have pets and no poor dog ever ends up in his house!!!

lisa is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    What a d*ck
    ^^
    Ditto

justine is offline Senior Member

Wow. Unfortunately a lot of people think that way.

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

wonder what he would have thought of the $10,000 I spent on Nellie when she had cancer. ASSHOLE.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast