Just Labradors banner

The End is very near for Dryfuss

2K views 40 replies 40 participants last post by  lisa 
#1 ·
Some of you may remember Dryfuss, my lab/golden mix (family dog - lives with my parents). I used to go by Dryfo (on the old JL and on labretriever.net) as he was my reason for coming to these online boards.

He is going to be 17 in May.

My dad and I (and mom) have been discussing this for awhile but I just got an e-mail from my dad saying it is time to start real plans (what we will do) and it will likely happen in the next few weeks. Dryf is still happy but in alot of pain and having more accidents on his bed because (I assume) he just can't get up.

This isn't going to be easy. My dad wants to bury him or spread his ashes at the cottage - which is where he belongs.

Ok now I am crying at work :(

#2 ·
I'm so sorry. This is such a terribly sad and grieving time to go through. It's good the family will be together to offer each other support during this time.

#15 ·
Oh Tanya! I'm so sorry!

I remember on 'the other board' all the postings and pictures of that sweet old man, and used to look for them all the time.

17 is a good long life, never long enough, but I know you know he was loved each and every day of it.

#16 ·
Go ahead and cry at work. We'll be crying with you.

Fare-the-well, Dreyfuss. You have had a distinguished and honorable life.

#19 ·
I am so sorry that this is coming to your family. 17 years is wonderful to have had together. I don't know if it makes one thankful for such a long life, or if it just makes it that much harder. Buried or ashes spread at the cottage, I assume it is a place that Dryfuss enjoyed with the rest of you. I know that HKs ashes will be spread at a special place in the large dog park by the river when it is her time. My DW and all three kids have been taken to the spot in case I am gone before HK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.