Multiple dogs, toy ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple dogs, toy ideas?

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultMultiple dogs, toy ideas?

I loooove going to my local pet store and buying toys/nylabones, etc. for the 3 of them, but it's just too damn expensive to buy 3 of everything. Those of you with multiples, what do you to keep your pups entertained as far as toys go?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

We just buy one of everything, they're both going to grab and tug the same toy anyway They recently got a new toy that's a quick favorite - it's a 2' long flat cloth quilted bone, with a nylon trim so it doesn't rip easily. They LOVE to each grab an end and tug on it, and it's held up really well. The other thing they really like I see at agility trials a lot, it's long strips of fleece, braided together with a handle at each end. Ours is a little frayed now, but they still love it and again it holds up well to the abuse.

Tuff Enuff Dog Toys, Toys | Pet Solutions

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

it's long strips of fleece, braided together with a handle at each end.
    We have that, Jess. I recall seeing it recently, all muddied up in the yard after the snow melt.
    I can't buy just one, they know. The other 2 will stalk me until I pull another 2 whatevers out of the bag!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Amy, whatever I buy Willy takes it from Libby, doesn't matter how many, he ends up with them all at first. I gave up and started going to goodwill and buy stuffed animals for a quarter or fifty cents, since he unstuffs everything. Sometimes you can find real dog toys too. I figure if he's going to ruin them, they may as well be cheap.

allthatjazz is offline Senior Member

I have to buy 3 toys too, but I get 3 different things. They end of switching around, so everyone gets to play with 3 new toys. For stuffies, I get the cheapest ones I can find, like at Big Lots. All stuffies come to a quick end whether they cost 1.99 or 6.99! lol
    May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

Terri and Jazzy

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

If you stopped buying 3 of everything (and toys just "showed up" without specifically giving them to anyone), wouldn't they eventually figure it out? Bauer and Lucy (French Bulldog) figure it out on their own. Bauer doesn't like big stuffies, so Lucy plays with all of those. Bauer loves little stuffies and will chew on them until they are soggy and disgusting, after that Lucy won't play with them. Sometimes she will hide them in places that he can't fit (under the couch in the living room, behind my desk, etc.). Lucy doesn't like Nylabones or marrow bones, so Bauer takes all of those. Kongs and other chew toys they both play with.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

TBGSAM is offline Senior Member

Mine all know too unless it is a birthday - then they somehow know the difference and that the gift is for that special day. We shop at pet edge in bulk at times and store in a box for later. If we are out and find a toy that we like we will purchase and save for a special occasion xmas, easter etc. or just throw it in the mix when they are all outside.
    Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05, Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Those that buy multiples - do yours all play with their own toys? Jake and Charlotte are never playing with two toys, it's always one at a time. They either tug or chase or play keep away or beg to play fetch. Always one toy, they take turns carrying - never two. So each of your dogs grabs their "own" toys? This is fascinating

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Regarding the long strips of fleece, i use a similar toy. I cut up the legs on a pair a jeans so it is about a foot long (the whole of the leg so you have a sort of tube, if you know what i mean...) sew up the ends and just let them play with it, they retrieve it, play tug with it and cuddle up to it and you can throw it in the washing machine. We call it the pancake...not sure why. One of our local supermarkets sells some really cheap jeans for about £3 ($5), if i need some new pancakes i just by the biggest pair I can find, they last for ages!

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I thought you wanted to know which toy breed to get. *giggles*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast