Angus Getting Better

Thread: Angus Getting Better

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultAngus Getting Better

Angus' eye is looking better all the time. It is taking a long time for the swelling to go down. As it has, I've been better able to see what's going on in there.

It looks like he got a pretty deep scratch on his lower eyelid, that goes from inside to outside.

It looks now like it will heal OK. I have an antibiotic ointment that I squeeze into his eye 2x a day. I was very worried that his eye would never look normal, but thankfully, I think it will.

Another thing has occurred to me, and I don't know if this had anything to do with his injuries, but it's something I need to fix:

We put new hardware on our kitchen cabinets when we painted them. The hardware on the bottom cabinets is square, modern knobs. I was thinking the other day, the square edges are rather sharp. I know the fight started in the kitchen. My mom did a lot of cleaning up that day before I got home from the vet, bless her heart, because she didn't want me to see it. She did miss one cabinet, though, and there was hair stuck all over it.

I started wondering if maybe they knocked against the cabinets, and the cabinet hardware could have done some of the damage. I think it's going to have to go. Maybe we'll just go without hardware on the bottoms.

I think we are going to take the boys out to the ag center for a walk this morning. This week has been very quiet, and I haven't worked with either of them on any obedience. I just haven't felt like it, and I don't want to do it if my heart isn't in it. But we need to start to get back to normal. Simon was signed up for a show next Friday, but we didn't make it in (limited entries), and I was really relieved. I had scheduled the behaviorist for that night anyway, and had already decided that was much more important.

They are both still walking on eggshells, especially Simon who tends to be more sensitive to Mom (or anyone) being in a mood. It's funny how they can sense that they are not going to get away with anything right now. Simon has been very compliant about sitting before going out, sitting before accepting the bumper, sitting for anything (which is going to be standard procedure now). He is usually so jazzed up about the bumper he's jumping straight up and down at the door. This week I have just looked at him, and he settles into a sit. He's really a good boy and tries so hard, bless his heart.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Aw poor guys. Gosh, I don't know if I could hold it all together like you do, Connie! I probably would have just curled up in bed and stayed there for a long time.

Interesting about the kitchen knobs.. Why not switch them out for modern roundish ones? Maybe without sharp corners?

Oh, I'm sure you could...and do! I have done my fair share of curling up and withdrawing this week.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

So glad to hear Angus getting better.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

Poor sweet Angus!! Continued good thoughts for your yellow boy, Connie.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Good to hear Angus is on the mend and that he will hopefully have no lasting damage, years ago 2 of mine had an almighty brawl, over an empty butter carton of all things and an ear got torn, all hell broke loose, there was a bloodbath and Mark got bitten in the process of dividing them, scary stuff, glad you are holding up too Connie, hugs to you all~

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Over an empty butter carton! What in the world goes through their minds...

It really is scary. For those who have never experienced it, I sincerely hope you never do. It's worse than anything I've ever seen on Discovery Channel. And when it's happening in your living room...OMG. It is a reality check, for sure.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear he is getting better. I can't even being to imagine how scary it was for you. I panic when Gemma has a go at Ernie and that is nothing like you experienced.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Don'tcha just wish you could transfer their pain to yourself so they would feel better? I sure do with mine when they are hurting. Hope Angus is 100% + soon.

Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

I'm just catching up on JL as we've been away for awhile. So sorry to hear that Angus got hurt Connie, but glad he's doing better. We've never had any fighting incidents with our dogs (when we had multiple dogs) thankfully. When my mom passed away (a long time ago now) we took her little terrier (female). We already had a little terrier (also a spayed female) who really didn't take kindly to my mom's little dog moving in. For the most part they had been okay with each other prior to that. We watched them like hawks and never left them alone (and loose) together. There were a couple of very minor scuffles over the years, but no injuries. They were both tiny dogs, so easier to grab quickly if there was a hint of trouble. I have no doubt that if we had ever left them alone together there could have been......especially as one was significantly bigger than the other. Dee is an only dog, but I really don't think she would know how to fight. Gosh that must have given you quite a scare. I hope Angus is 100% soon.