Today's update: A little more clarity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's update: A little more clarity

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultToday's update: A little more clarity

I thank everyone for listening to this so far, and your sympathy and interest.

Today I'm feeling a little stronger, emotionally.

Angus is still improving. His eye is looking more normal all the time. He got up this morning and did his usual fast tippy-toe to the food bowl, and that made me smile.

He is having a little trouble with his movements. He's never been able to go unless he goes on a walk. Won't go in the backyard usually, and needs a long walk to be able to go. He usually does it about half a mile into it. I took him yesterday at lunch, and finally got a poo. Kevin took him on the usual short one this morning, but no poo, so I took him back out for the full version before work and he was able to go.

However, his last two movements have been very unusual for him. Very soft, and a yellow-y color. I'm thinking it must be the meds? They put him on a ridiculously expensive antibiotic that I don't remember the name of now. Begins with a P. I'd never heard of it. He's also taking Tramadol for pain, but I'll probably stop that after tonight.

As far as clarity, Mom is gradually piecing together what unfolded and how this happened. She is getting information out of Dad a little at a time. This has to be done very slowly and carefully, like defusing a bomb, so it's taken several days to get the whole story. He's freaked out about them now, and has renounced his former assessment of them as "big pets" to "dangerous dogs." Anyway. Mom is going to check on something at home tonight, and if she comes up with the answer we think she will, this is all going to be VERY explainable. While their reaction was still over the top, if what we think happened did indeed happen, I will certainly be able to understand it a little better.
    Last edited by AngusFangus; 03-04-2010 at 05:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Sorry you're going through all this, Connie, and I hope you find a comfortable reason and solution for it.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

ClarenceandFitzMom is offline Senior Member

Glad everyone is improving at your house. I'm so curious to hear what your mom finds out. Still thinking about you all.

Leigh, Clarence and Fitzgerald

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am glad Angus is improving. I do hope you can figure this out.

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus View Post
    He's freaked out about them now, and has renounced his former assessment of them as "big pets" to "dangerous dogs."
    While I understand him being freaked out after witnessing (and prehaps unwittingly precipitating) the fight, I hope he can find a balance in his assessment of them eventually. Meantime, it's probably best for everyone that he not be on dog duty. Hell, even "little pets" can be "dangerous" - my first cat tore the crap out of my father one weekend - in a completely avoidable situation that went terribly wrong where it was the people at fault and the cat was just reacting like a cat; and like your experience, I wasn't there to witness or intervene (and I'm sure I would have prevented the whole incident had I been present).

Glad to hear Angus is doing better. The poo issues are likely the result of the meds and maybe compounded by stress, I know antibiotics do a number on my GI tract. Maybe give him a little probiotic active culture yogurt as a treat if he's not lactose intolerant. I also hope that getting a fuller understanding of what happened helps you - it won't make an iota of difference in how the boys interact with one another once they're back together, but hopefully it will go some way towards helping you let go of resenting Simon.

jebsmama is offline Senior Member

Sounds like the story is going to come together and make sense. As to the poops, it's probably the antibiotic as many of them have gastrointestinal side effects. I'll keep you and the pups in my prayers.
    Susan
    Bayou Bay's Jeb's Trouble Too, RN, CGC

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Connie, you can't give us a teaser like that and not tell us what you think happened!

Also, where are the pics of poor Angus.

Hang in there, I'm sure this will all work out in the end. Sending continued good thoughts your way.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

connie are you giving him a probiotic? that would be good for him right now, too.

and you have me on the edge of my seat waiting for the "rest of the story", paul harvey. lol

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    Connie, you can't give us a teaser like that and not tell us what you think happened!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoezoe View Post
    and you have me on the edge of my seat waiting for the "rest of the story", paul harvey. lol
    Same here! This is worse than the end of a season Grey's Anatomy

We gave Charlotte Iams Prostora over the summer when she was on antibiotics, Purina also makes one, Fortiflora. They're supposed to be enterically coated to make it through the stomach to where they belong. Who knows if they actually do, but if you have any interest, I've got a bunch of Fortiflora packets I can send down to you - they're just hanging out here.

Glad to hear you're all feeling a little better today, and hope you get the answer you were looking for soon.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJakesMom View Post
    Same here! This is worse than the end of a season Grey's Anatomy

We gave Charlotte Iams Prostora over the summer when she was on antibiotics, Purina also makes one, Fortiflora. They're supposed to be enterically coated to make it through the stomach to where they belong. Who knows if they actually do, but if you have any interest, I've got a bunch of Fortiflora packets I can send down to you - they're just hanging out here.

Glad to hear you're all feeling a little better today, and hope you get the answer you were looking for soon.
    I would LOVE that! Thank you so much!! I have had them on i-Flora before, but took them off a while back because it is SO expensive and I thought I'd see how they did without it. I give them yogurt every day, but I haven't since this happened actually now that I think about it. Can I PM you my address? Where do you get the Fortiflora?

You guys are so funny: I didn't mean to leave you hanging! Well, maybe I did a little bit. I am waiting for Mom to get home and see if something is missing from her freezer. I do have a picture of Angus I will post, that I took after we got home from the vet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast