The cone of shame
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cone of shame

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe cone of shame

My husband took Elias to the vet this afternoon because his incision isn't healing well, most likely because he's licking it too much. We really don't see him lick it much so he must be doing it while we are asleep or not home.
    So he came home with the cone of shame. Poor thing, he is such a sensitive dog, I hope this doesn't upset him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dweck is offline Senior Member

Wesley turned his into the Cone of PAIN!! He seemed to love ramming into the back of my knees w/his, where that sharp plastic edge felt like it had been honed like a razor. He also loved bashing around the kitchen, tossing chairs, pots, kids asunder. I think his attitude was: I suffer, You suffer!

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Awwww good healing thoughts for the sweet boy.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

He'll get used to it. Poor guy.

Sally didn't like hers at first. She was totally pi$$ed at us for putting that thing on her.

But it didn't take long and she was getting around like he wasn't even on her. She had it down just how to negotiate walking around chairs and corners and table legs and everything. Plus, she was "lucky" enough to have it at xmas time, so this was our official xmas pic from that year:

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Elias, All the cool kids are wearing them!

Bauer really doesn't mind it, but he does knock stuff over. He has always been perfect when we leave him home, but now we get home and the dining room chairs are knocked over, the bar stools are knocked over . . . I always thought he just slept while we were gone, I guess he checks out the entire house.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Poor Elias.

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

thanks guys, your posts are cheering me up. Brian just texted me a picture of him in it and it literally made me cry. Brian said he put it on him at home before he left and he literally stood in the same position for 5 full minutes!

Samson is offline Senior Member

Prayers as ever for your poor legs !

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Instead of cones, we used kind of a round life preserver thing and it worked pretty well. Its a lot softer when they bang into you that's for sure. We got ours at Pet Supplies Plus. You put a collar through the tabs and that's how it stays on. We still got the bad face and the so pathetic look but it did work and was more comfortable for everyone.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs View Post
    Instead of cones, we used kind of a round life preserver thing and it worked pretty well. Its a lot softer when they bang into you that's for sure. We got ours at Pet Supplies Plus. You put a collar through the tabs and that's how it stays on. We still got the bad face and the so pathetic look but it did work and was more comfortable for everyone.
    Is it smaller? Does it allow them to play with toys? That would be awesome! I feel bad for Bauer because he will get a toy, lay down, try to hold it with his front paws and fail because the cone is in the way, toy rolls down the cone and rests in front of him on the floor . . . its pathetic!
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast