In total shock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In total shock

Buddy and Bailey is offline Senior Member

DefaultIn total shock

Hello Hope every one is well and sorry I don't get to visit as much as I would like. Last week we add a new addition in our life Oliver a kitten very cute and gets along well with everyone For those who don't know me I have Buddy 6 year old lab Bailey a 5 year old lab Tigger a 3 year old Cat and now oliver a 7 month old kitten. Buddy last year had a tumor removed from his mouth last year It was called a plasmacytoma and we rejoiced as it was benign(I'm sure I spelled that wrong) well 3 days after are new additon arrived Buddy had to have another tumor removed from his mouth. I just got off the phone with the vet. She told me that we got the results of the new tumor and it was the same thing a plasmacytoma. I was so glad to hear until she said that it's not good. I was confused but as she explained it was only benign if it was in the same spot. It is not good that it travelled (yes even though it was a few cms ) My vet has suggested that we do chst xrays and ultersounds to see if they have speard else where in the body and then if no where else to start meds (some k ind of chemo) or to go to a cancer dr and start radiation. All I want to do is throw up, I'm kind of confused why it would speard else where in the body when in a year it only speard a few cms in the mouth. I'm in shock I don't even know what questions to ask the vet. Any ideas of what kind of questions I should ask would be helpful
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Laura

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Hi there. Good to see you! I am sorry to hear this about Buddy. I found a link that I think is helpful (maybe) in understanding why the vet wants to look for other tumors. I was encouraged to read that plasmacytomas were most often benign, but then a little confused about the info provided for plamacytomas of the digestive tract:

http://www.vetinfo.com/dmyeloma.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

oh girl, i am so sorry. it's natural not to have it all sink in when hearing it the first time around.
    ask her if she thinks it is primary cancer in the mouth of if she is thinking is has metastasized from another area. i guess i would probably want to see the cancer doc to find out what is the best form of treatment; if you want it treated. what percentages does he have with the drugs, radiation, nothing, etc. (((hugs)))).

SeaWolfLabs is offline Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope that it has NOT spread anywhere

Aidan- UCH Kelrobins Yellow Brick Road aka/ The PorkChop

MNLab is offline Senior Member

I, too, am sorry to hear this! You and Buddy are in my prayers and thoughts.
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am sorry to hear about Buddy. Sending prayers it has not traveled anywhere else.

Buddy and Bailey is offline Senior Member

thanks guys
    I have been so upset all afternoon. We had talked about cancer last time he had a tumor removed and decided that we weren't going the chemo type way but it wasn't cancer so we were never put to thte test. right now we don't have any extra $$ and hubby pay are smaller with the way life is . In June we own are van so then it would be abit easier to pay for treatments
    the second tumor took 1 year to surface so I'm going to find out more info about that. we might just do the testing for now- see if it spread etc and then go from there. I'll have to right some questions down and see what she says.
    For sure if he doesn't have good chances I wold never consider putting him through anything. If he is all clear and it's to stop the possible cells that an be seen by ultersound and xrays then I would consider chemo to avoid and further tumors. Who knows until I get more info I guess, talking out loud- thinking

lsteigerwalt is offline Junior Member

Im not sure I could stand going thru that. I thought My Buddy having HeartWorms was devistating. I wish you the best. Keep us updated.
    Our Boy Buddy

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I just HATE tumors .I know how you are feeling. Good thoughts for Buddy. I hope his chest x-rays will be nice and clear.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast