Ok, so we know (most) of you let the dogs sleep in your bed...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, so we know (most) of you let the dogs sleep in your bed...

Retriever Mama is offline Senior Member

DefaultOk, so we know (most) of you let the dogs sleep in your bed...

But WHERE in the bed do they sleep? Our golden has always been very good about sleeping at the foot of the bed. Remy? Not so much. I'm going to need to see a chiropractor on a regular basis. The boy (who is 75 lbs) likes to get up on the side of the bed and stretch out next to me. Preferably with his head on my knee, ankle or if I'm lucky enough not to get his butt in my face...in the crook of my arm. He HAS to be touching me. If I manage to squirm out from under him to roll over? He scoots right in and pins me.

I spoil him. I know. I know. But this is the puppy that was going to be "distant" and "difficult to bond with" and now I can't deny him any cuddle time cuz I'm just so thrilled he's my boy.

Off to take more advil for my aching back....
    Melissa, Remy & Brooklyn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SeaWolfLabs is offline Senior Member

It's just ridiculous here....
    Aidan sleeps at the bottom of the bed on my side...he's a great foot warmer.
    Ruby sleeps draped up against my husband and always has slept this way.
    Emma has to be velcro'd to my back which is funny because during the day she wont leave my hub's side. But at night, it's mommy time.
    Some mornings I too wake up and think...ok something is wrong here! They have most of the bed taken up and are slumbering peacefully while Im hangin off the edge.

Aidan- UCH Kelrobins Yellow Brick Road aka/ The PorkChop

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Remy sounds like Bauer, he always has to be touching me. He either stretches out next to me or if I lay on my side and bend my knees, he culs up behind my knees. He prefers to fall asleep facing the door (his head towards the foot of the bed), but eventually he turns around and ends up with his head right next to mine.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Apparently I am not a comfortable sleep partner as both of my dogs sleep on their own side of the bed and rarely stretch over onto my side !

Canula2000 is offline Senior Member

we don't have room in our bed for the big dogs...Gordy sleeps with our oldest son, sprawled out full length on the side of the bed. Sunshine sleeps inbetween me and my hubby when we feel like being nice, otherwise she is crated. Pixie is still in her crate because she is so active. Gus sleeps beside the bed on the floor right next to me.

"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"
    - Anonymous

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Our bed isn't big enough for Sadie and us to be in it. She sleeps on the floor or sometimes on the couch or with the kids.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Libby sleeps at the bottom on my side or in the bottom in the middle if I scootch her over a bit so my feet will fit. Willy gets right in the middle with his head on my pillow or in a ball in my belly. If I get too warm or uncomfortable and move around a lot, Libby will get up and go to the other bed or the couch. She does not like to be disturbed.

lsteigerwalt is offline Junior Member

Buddy sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed. He likes to put his head on my bed and sits there as I fall asleep petting him.
    Our Boy Buddy

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

She started out as a rolled up ball at the foot of the bed... That didn't last long Then she wanted her own pillow next to mine. We shared covering. Fell asleep face to face after snuggling. Then she wanted her own new bed and she stopped sleeping with me. It felt very awkward to sleep without her in bed after 10 years. But she lubs her dog bed so much. I tuck her in at night and she can't really relax until I put the pillows right and cover her up with a blanket.

The other night we had shared two pears and it was a little too much for her tummy. So she decided to sleep with me in bed. It was really nice to have her cuddle up to me again. Even tho she laid down in the middle of the bed and I got the space left .
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

SweetSasafrassy is offline Senior Member

You guys have such funny answers.
    Saff was originally sneaking onto the bed about 20 minutes after I fell asleep. I've honestly never seen her move as delicately as when she is sneaking onto the bed. I couldn't sleep one night and caught her doing it. Finally explained why I never noticed a 70+ lb dog invading my sleep territory. Now tho, we have no pretenses and she jumps up and is ready for bed before I am. We usually start out back to back, and then she usually moves further down thru the night. I think its making me a more aggressive sleeper tho, I used to get cowed 1/8 of the bed, but now I maintain my 50%.
    Lauren the one who buys Saffy's Kibble

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast