Does anyone feed Blue?

Thread: Does anyone feed Blue?

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes anyone feed Blue?

I feed the cats Blue cat food, because it seems to be a higher quality food and I can get it at TSC. They are doing quite well on it. I feed the dogs Innova Evo, and while they are doing well, it is quite pricey and I can't get it anywhere that isn't an hour away. I also think it might be keeping weight on Emilu, and both of their poops are almost TOO firm. So I checked out TSC again, and they carry Blue dog food also. They do have a grain-free version, but it was almost as much as Innova Evo, so I got the chicken and brown rice version. Haven't started feeding it yet, but wondered if anyone here feeds Blue and how do you like it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Why not try the Taste of the Wild? I'm getting that now from TSC and my dogs are loving it. I just picked up a bag of the Bison & Deer today. A 15 lb. bag costs me $23.00 and lasts me a week for the three of them (I feed RAW meals too).

I don't think our TSC has Blue? I looked at all the foods in there checking for grain free. The only grain free I found was TOTW. The sales gal told me they had two others, but she misunderstood, those were corn and wheat free but they did have rice, barely, etc.

patm is offline Senior Member

I had tried TOTW from our local TSC and just had some trouble with it - dogs didn't seem to like it very well (and they eat ANYTHING!), and they also got fleas for the first time ever while they were on it. So while the food might not have had anything to do with it, it's like if you get the flu after you eat something, and you no longer want to eat that food, even though it had nothing to do with you getting sick. If they don't seem to do as well on the Blue , I'll go try TOTW again. I don't think that our TSC has had Blue for very long - I know I have checked in the past and they haven't had it. They only ever have 1 larger bag of the cat food and I grab it up every time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Oh yeah, I remember you telling me that when I was asking about TOTW. My dogs all seem to love it... even Magnum, who is Miss Picky. I had the Salmon based food, this week I picked up the Bison, we'll see how that goes. I like changing their food (protein source).

justine is offline Senior Member

Do you mean Blue Buffalo? I know a couple of friends that feed it and have had a lot of good luck with it.

Abbey had the opposite problem with the EVO - it was too rich for her and she had soft poops for the few months she was on it.

LopersNLabs is offline Senior Member

We feed Blue, usually the Chicken and Rice. We also feed the senior to our older dog. All my do WONDERFUL on it! Good Luck, let us know how it works for you.

Callaway is offline Senior Member

We are just finishing our first bag! So far so good. Poops are really nice, coat and skin look good too.
    They seem to like it too, but you know, labs will eat anything so that doesnt say too much.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli