Might be the end of the Husky at the DP Story
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Might be the end of the Husky at the DP Story

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultMight be the end of the Husky at the DP Story

Pulled into the parking lot this morning. Louie is staying with us this week while his Mom and Dad are off to Hawaii on their Honeymoon. He doesnt get to a dog park very often, buthas figured out what this parking lot is all about, so he is going nuts barking and jumping from front to back and front... while I am getting my gloves on and the car key into a pocket.

That is when I spot what looks like two dogs really into it. One is definitely attacking the other, and there is a woman running to get her dog. That is when I see the attacker is the Husky that went after HK, and the woman running is the owner of JJ, a black lab. Zoe's mom is standing there like she is somewhere between helpless and afraid to step in. I know it will be over before I can get out of the car and to them to help separate, but I saw enough. I got on the phone and called for the park cops, left my dogs in the car, and went to do my thing.

JJs owner had gotten there and broken it up. Zoe had tried to bite her in the process and had broken skin, through her glove. Zoe was now sitting next to JJ's owner, not her own owner, like a perfect angel.

I told Zoe's mom that I had called the cops and would appreciate it if she did not try to leave. Enough was enough and she had to keep Zoe out of the park, since she was obviously not going to muzzle her which would be a great solution for all.

Then she challenges me with, 'Who the hell put me in charge?' I told her no one, but when the cops got here, they were in charge. She said she was leaving. I ask her not to, and told her I already wrote down her license plate number, and but then the cops were there.

Arguing and shouting took place, and the cops told the woman that the issue would not have taken place if she had Zoe muzzled. The woman immediately responded that she would muzzle Zoe from now on. That is when I went high order. Related how this has happened before, many of us have asked her to muzzle Zoe, she claimed she was buying a muzzle, but she still does not muzzle the dog.

That is when, JJs owner finally said something. Taking her glove off she asked the woman, 'How many times will Zoe have to bite me before you actually follow through and muzzle her?' There was a puncture would, the one cop immediately took her leash and leashed up Zoe. Told Zoe's owner that She could go to the Park Office and find out what she had to do to get Zoe back, would have to give her park permit to the other officer before she left.

The woman that was bit, told the officer that she did not want Zoe to be put down. The bite was not that bad, she understood that it would not have happened if she had not tried to separate the dogs the way she had.

Here was this woman trying to take the blame away from Zoe and her owner, while the owner is basically denying responsibility. The cop told the victim, that she should see a Dr. to clean up the wound and document it. That Zoe's fate would be between Zoe's owner an the officials at the pound

Everybody feels bad for Zoe, her owner was still denying that she could have done anything to prevent it. But about a half dozen of us are now on alert to watch for Zoe and her mom. If they come back, the cops will be called before anything happens.

I am pissed that this had to happen. There is no reason for Zoe to be put down, she just needs to be muzzled when she is not contained on her own property, assuming there is some kind of fence at her home.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

That is such a sad story. I feel bad for Zoe too. Just because her owner can't follow the rules or take responsibility for her dog. It's the dog that suffers. If I owned a dog like that, the last place I'd be is at a dog park. I'd take it for walks in the woods, alone, where there's no chance of an encounter, with a muzzle on, just in case. It just proves she doesn't care too much about her dog.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

That sucks!! What an awful experience....but unfortunately, in my eyes, Zoe should be taken away and possibly put down. Her owner can't be trusted to take care of the problem and Zoe sounds like a vicious dog that can't be trusted either. Fine, you can muzzle her atthe dog park, but what about elsewhere? What happens if she gets loose at home outside and there are small dogs or children around?
    It's not a chance I would want to take. I think it'd be best if the dog was surrendered. Zoe just can't be trusted and it sounds like a bad thing is just waiting for the right opportunity to happen.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Wow that women really has no clue, or just doesnt care, probably a little of both. I'm glad you were there, its sounds like the women who got bit wouldnt' of spoken up or called the park cops. Poor Zoe, wonder if there is a way for you to find out what happens Ed. It would be great if Zoe just found a new forever home. This women doesn't deserve to have a dog. The whole situation is just sad and really there is only one person responsible.

justine is offline Senior Member

Ugh. That woman is a freaking IDIOT. I'd like to smack her upside the face. You guys gave her so many chances and she just threw them back in your faces.

I think you did the right thing. You warned her time after time and she didn't listen - now she has to really think about things.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

sounds more like the end of the husky to me....
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Great job, Ed, you acted very responsibly.

I think Zoe should be removed from that woman's care and she doesn't deserve being owner of any pet other than an earthworm.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dipete View Post
    Wow that women really has no clue, or just doesnt care, probably a little of both. I'm glad you were there, its sounds like the women who got bit wouldnt' of spoken up or called the park cops. Poor Zoe, wonder if there is a way for you to find out what happens Ed. It would be great if Zoe just found a new forever home. This women doesn't deserve to have a dog. The whole situation is just sad and really there is only one person responsible.

Would you really try to place that dog in another home? To me that would be irresponsible also. This is a dog that just can't be trusted...at all. Around other animals, kids, people......I understand the woman being an idiot and all that, but the dog sounds too aggressive to be rehomed. It's an accident waiting to happen. If that dog ever got loose, (which none of us let happen on purpose) who knows what would happen.
    I would not place that dog in another home...it's just too uncertain.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you got there in the right time Ed. Poor JJ . Some people just don't get it. I wish she would take her responsibility. Zoe clearly doesn't handle to be around other dogs I can't believe how that woman continue to take her dog to the park and endanger the other dogs. Make me afraid Zoe will get a small dog next time and it will end very bad .
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by javasmom View Post
    Would you really try to place that dog in another home? To me that would be irresponsible also. This is a dog that just can't be trusted...at all. Around other animals, kids, people......I understand the woman being an idiot and all that, but the dog sounds too aggressive to be rehomed. It's an accident waiting to happen. If that dog ever got loose, (which none of us let happen on purpose) who knows what would happen.
    I would not place that dog in another home...it's just too uncertain.
    I guess I didn't think my response through, thanks for pointing that out. The only thing I would have to say is that Zoe has never shown people aggression at the park, the person who got bit was trying to break up the fight. So after thoroughly testing her - maybe it would be best to put her down, but maybe she would be fine in an adult only home- just not one that is an effwit, like her current owner- just a thought

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast