NLR (penny related)~ question about limping...

Thread: NLR (penny related)~ question about limping...

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultNLR (penny related)~ question about limping...

For the past few months if Penny has been running around or if she jumps over one of the other dogs (yes she will take a running leap and totally clear Abby, Molly, our ottoman, and other objects), she will hold up her right rear leg and hop around for about a minute (if that). Other times she will just limp fora bit. It doesn't even seem to phase her or cause any pain.

We took her into the vet, he moved the leg all around, applied different types of pressure in different places and we even let her run around and nothing! He did a set of x-rays, but nothing showed up so he suggested that it may be that she is hyper extending a muscle or something of the sort in the leg or possibly hip. We have started to give her a small dose of glucosamine to see if that helps, and we will keep an eye on her. He said we may have to sedate her do x-rays to check her hips as well.

In the meantime I thought I would come here to see if anyone has ever experienced something similar or if anyone could offer up any suggestions. She is almost 11 months old, and weighs 48lbs. We are not sure what breed mix she is (if any of this might help)
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

I really hope not but it could be unilateral hip displasya or something knee related. Some dogs never show pain at the vet (Homer didn´t when he was checked for elbows until it was very advanced). Get the x-rays and let´s hope it´s nothing serious

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I really hope it's not her hips, but I guess we will just have to wait and see if the glucosamine helps anything.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)