Just Labradors banner

Poor Starving Hershey Kisses

2K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Samson 
#1 ·
We have a two story house. My office (spare bedroom) is at the end of a hallway, well away from the stairway downstairs. I am sitting at my computer, and I hear a soft 'Woof'. I choose not to investigate. I hear another, time passes and another. This one a little louder.

Did HK get into one of the other bedrooms and have the door close on her again? I go to check it out, and seeher sitting at the bottom of the steps, looking up all cute and happy. I call her up, and get another 'Woof'. Fine, stay there. 'Woof'. 5 minutes later, 'Woof'.

I just figured it out. Its her dinner time, and she is worried she won't be fed if I am up here. Cute, but she is going to wait another 10 minutes anyway.

#15 ·
Ah, she's just a smart gal, and she knows better than to trust a man! ;)

Around here I'm quite inconsistent, and feed whenever I'm done doing what I'm doing! No woofing or pawing from Daisy, she doesn't know when she'll get it, though she has learned to read body language to interpret when she'll be dining, and does tend to run as fast as she can back and forth from me to her dinner spot.

#16 ·
I'm continually amazed at the accuracy of Puff's internal clock.

I intend to take her out for her Pee & Pottys at 5 PM and 10 PM. BUT I frequently miss those times.

SO, I'm often amazed when Puff's nose starts nudging me at 5:03, 4:58, or 10:01, etc.

A much better internal clock than I have.

#17 ·
Poor HK what torture for her! It continually amazes me how Sammi can be in a dead sleep and within a few mins. give or take from her dinner time she will be up and doing the dinner dance!! Luckily she is a little more forgiving with breakfast- on work days she eats at 0645, on days off she lets me sleep tell I get up, which is rarely much past 0730 or 0800.

#19 ·
Too funny. Bauer brings me his bowl if it is empty at 5pm (he does the same thing if his water bowl is ever empty). In the morning he is more forgiving, but mainly because he doesn't like to get up. He prefers to sleep until at least 8am.

#21 ·
Woof~ WOOF~~ Groooowwwwwl~~~ No food before 5:00.

If I start giving in by 5 minutes, then its five minutes earlier for breakfast, which she will be able to push for 5 minutes earlier on. This then contiues until she is feed every 5 minutes and lets face it, continuously. Not going to happen, I am going to keep her trim and healthy. I want her around for a long long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.