Just Labradors banner

Another Grand Mal Seizure Last Night

3K views 37 replies 38 participants last post by  Emma the Lab 
#1 ·
Tank had a grand mal on seizure the night of 12/23. It had been 4 months since the last one with the three before that spaced almost exactly 4 months apart. Why he had one just 11 days after the one on 12/23 I don't know. I am hoping that we are not getting to the medication point although not having them happen in your bed at midnight with anal glands realeasing and squirting phenibarbital between his teeth with a de-needled syringe and then shoving one up the other end sounds much more relaxing........lots of laundry to do today :( on top of what I had already accumulated during the holidays. Add to that going out in a snow storm afterward to see if he has to go to the bathroom because I can't let him out there by himself. He wandered in the snow like a crazy person and never did go. He has a vet appt on Thursday for his Adaquan shot so we will see what she says. This boy hardly gives me a moments peace these days ;) And, of course, he is fine today :)

#5 ·
Tankie has guite the fan club here, and you have a pretty good support group, and ' And, of course, he is fine today' isn't that what its all about.

Sending thoughts and prayers for many maor good days.

#18 ·
Oh my gosh...I sure hope the vet has some good suggestions for you. This does not sound like fun for anyone involved. :( I am glad to hear that he's doing ok today though. Good thoughts and love to you and Tankie.

#21 ·
Good thoughts for Tank. Let's hope that's the end of the head twinkles for quite some time....

#23 ·
Sending good thoughts for Tank.
My Golden Retriever had severe seizures and had to live on medication to keep them under control... the main reason was because my other dog would try to kill him when he had a seizure, so I really needed to keep them controlled in case I was not home when he had one.

I hope Tank doesn't have another one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.