Stupid people sometimes...

Thread: Stupid people sometimes...

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultStupid people sometimes...

make me want to scream!!!

I am pretty active with Labs4Rescue, which is were Lexi came from. One of the gals here in PA is really jumped into doing stuff & sent out an email on NYE about a 1 year old chocolate female she was trying to get pulled from a SC shelter. If it weren't for being away traveling next week, I would have offered to foster her. In amongst the replies on this email, which was also posted to the FB for L4R, a gal replies that "my husband is looking for a silver lab."

At first I bit my tongue, but eventually replied "there is no such thing as 'silver' labs, they are considered dilute chocolates. In fact most silver labs I have seen appear to be a mix of a lab & weim, which means they are not purebred labs". Well the poster came back with the following "the silver lab is purebred, my husband has done extensive research on them. we've looked before & there are only 2-3 breeders in the US, the closest is in Indiana."

I just left it go, I was not going to get into a battle of the wits with someone who would clearly never see the point. I desperately wanted to reply "if silver labs are purebred, then why aren't there more breeders in the US for them" Should have suggested they refer to the AKC Breed Standard for Labradors.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Lexis Mom View Post
    Well the poster came back with the following "the silver lab is purebred, my husband has done extensive research on them. we've looked before & there are only 2-3 breeders in the US, the closest is in Indiana."
    You should have asked for the "breeders" name & email addy & then invited him/her & the OP to join this forum. We'd set them straight.

It's been a bit quiet around here lately. Nothing like a good drama thread to start off the new year.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I think simply cutting and pasting the LRC standard for color should suffice. You can't fix stupid when people prefer that condition.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I agree, i would state that the LRC club dictates the standard accepted by the AKC and link to their statement.
    then I would just state what checks to make with the breeder (any breeder of "labs) - health clearances, proven parents. and suggest they ask the labrador retriever boards (any board) what the concensus on the topic is
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I would think if hubby had done extensive research he would have checked out the AKC site first. Dunce.

sarah is offline Senior Member

I would have just sent her the link to your standards website and left if at that!!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia