Angus is miffed...

Thread: Angus is miffed...

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultAngus is miffed...

Angus is a little miffed at me.

I rearranged a lot while I was on vacation. One thing I am working towards is having a dedicated room for the dogs to do training. It is one of the big things I wanted when we moved. I sort of sacrificed and didn't get the exact set-up I wanted (a full finished basement), but we have a bonus room and I want to try using it. It's where my computer is. I need to get a smaller desk that doesn't take up so much floor space.

Anyway, I have had Angus' crate set up here since we moved in. Today I moved it about four feet to one side, to try and clear more area in the middle of the floor.

Angus came in after last call and started towards his crate, where he likes to fall asleep (doesn't usually stay in all night). He looked a little confused, and I told him to keep going, it's around the corner (of my desk). He found it, went about halfway in, backed back out, back in halfway, backed out again, looked at me and rolled his eyes, heaved a sigh and laid down beside my desk chair.

I swear it's going to be good when I'm finished Angus!!!

It really is going to be cool. I have brought in all their certificates and ribbons, all my dog books on a little shelf, all the framed photos I have of them and Crash. I wlll be surrounded by all things dog when we're in here.

I think there will be just barely enough room to practice jumps. It's not huge, but I think it will be better than practicing in the living room while Kevin's watching TV.

I'll take photos when it's all done!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a nice set up! Funny thing is I rearranged my bedroom today to squeeze a bit more space. I moved Barney's crate to a different spot. He sniffed around but it didn't seem to phase him much. Tal hoped up on my bed and went to sleep like usual.

justine is offline Senior Member

I don't have a bonus room so my agility jumps are currently in pieces in the corner of the dining room and when I feel like setting them up, I move the table out of the way.

Aw poor Angus - you messed up his schedule by moving his crate 4 feet. I think he'll survive.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

'Angus,' HK whispers softly, 'the crate is not that heavy. You are a big boy. Just get behind it and push it to where you want it.'
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

AZLAB is offline Senior Member

Word of advice Connie,

Don't try taking the crate down all together. I tried it as Cinnamon is never crated any more. Well she let me know about it. She followed me around and cried for 3 hours and wouldn't go to sleep. I finally set it back up. It has been at least 4 years since the door has been closed unless her and Cierra knock it shut while they are playing.
    Karon and Cinnamon

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

It's funny how they get used to things being in a certain place and certain routines. Years ago I took done Blackie's crate and she has free rein of the living room. For about a week after I took it down, whenever I'd say "go in your crate" for the boys, she'd run to the corner where her crate used to be, like she was going to go in it.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Aww, sweet Blackie! Did you just want to hug her when she did that?

Karon, oh don't worry, I would not dare disassemble his crate! I have a really strong feeling that he would be just like Cinnamon.