The best Christmas present I got this year

Thread: The best Christmas present I got this year

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe best Christmas present I got this year

So my sister is really into hiking, in all weather. For Christmas, she got me a pair of ski pants!!!

I had asked "Santa" for these, and the ones she got me are fantastic! I can pull them on over whatever I'm wearing at night (usually pajamas) and go outside and play fetch with the boys as long as they want (which of course, as you know, is always much much longer when it's freezing cold outside).

It is 20 degrees out there right now, and I did not get cold at all! Well, just my face.

I also busted out my old ski gloves and have been wearing those as well.

I am so happy to finally have the right gear to be able to do this and not freeze my buns off!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AZLAB is offline Senior Member

Glad you like them so....when I was in college I had a couple pairs for really cold days. My regular skiing days ended with 2 busted ankles when I was in JR High. Though I loved them when cross country skiing on cold days.
    Karon and Cinnamon

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Hmm, ski pants. I'll have to think about those. I have a pair of Sorrel zip-up boots that are great to slip into quickly to take the dogs out (even without socks). A pair of warm pants that could also slip into would be just great. Glad to hear your sister got you just want you wanted.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Woohooo! I should get myself some new ski pants.. I only have the crazy kind that zip up the sides and you can cut off at the knee for when I downhill ski raced.. not good for everyday use, especially not running around with the dogs.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Are your ski pants insulated? I've had many pairs and none of mine were.

I wear a KEY insulated overall (but in black rather than brown) and slip on, zip up insulated boots, rubber bottoms, leather uppers from LL Bean. Both are very easy on and off, handle temps to below 0F/-18C.

https://www.keyclothes.com/index.php?cPath=108_109

Men's http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...tn&cat4=503383

Women's http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...tn&cat4=505551

Last edited by Bob Pr.; 01-02-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: insert boot URLs
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I don't even know what brand they are. All I know is, I was warm in 20 degree weather!

You know, I also got a new pair of Crocs for Christmas and I've just been wearing those out. They aren't even the kind with a closed back, but those things are really surprisingly warm too! I wouldn't want to walk around in the snow in them obviously, but we don't get very much (if any) snow, and they are working just fine to keep my feet warm.