HK and the Elevator!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK and the Elevator!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultHK and the Elevator!

Wish I had a video camera with me. Or had realized how funny it was going to be and at least had the cell phone out.

Planned our morning. Trip to DP, take check to Financial Office to get into the investment chain, a couple other errands.

Dog Park was fun, met with a couple others that walk at my pace, HK had two running mates and they had fun together.

Off to the next stop. Quite day in the office building based on the parking lot. What the heck. Hershey Kisses, you better be good because you are coming with me.

Into the building with the angel, over to the elevator. The door opens and she looks at it, then me. I tell her okay, lets go. She watched the door close with some curiousity, but no panick. More curiousity on the movement going up 3 floors. The door opens and we leave the elvator without much excitement.

Now I find out if we get kicked out or not. Obviously not the first dog to make this visit. The gal at the desk comes running around the counter to say hello to HK and asks if she can have a treat. We spend about a half hour with our advisor, HK laying on the floor next to me the whole time.

Back to the elevator, no particular hesitation. Door closes, everything is fine. The elevator starts down. WOW! Did she get upset about that motion. On her feet, all four spread apart. Looking all over but particularly at this evil floor.

Then the stopping came. That was it. Too much. Panic set in, barking at everything. The door opened and she could not get out of there fast enough. Swings around and barks at empty elevator until the door closes and captures that evil box inside.

And off we go them like nothing happened. I wonder if I will ever get her in an elevator again?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

OMG that is too funny! I can just see it in my mind. I'm sure Boo would probably react much the same way. She's a wuss tho.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Ahhh ! I sympathise

JAsper has a morbid fear of open tread staircases !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Puff and I can relate. Puff's been on an elevator several times and doesn't like that magical moving floor, either. But she's never barked at it.

I think Puff has grown a little accustomed to unsteady footings from going out to the lake with me and having a floating pier move under foot as we walked on it. At first she'd cower and splay her legs out to balance herself and need a lot of encouragement to move a few more feet at a time. But, during a few dozen trips, she gradually improved so that now she trots along almost as well as on solid ground.

I think the more often you take HK on the elevator, the more comfortable she'll be.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

justine is offline Senior Member

LOL. Yeah, I don't like the feeling of the elevator going a couple floors down, either; especially not when it's at the correct floor and then kind of comes back up.

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

Charlie's first elevater experience was similar....just not so extreme. We were at the Euk. national championships when it was in Florida. First trip up the magic box (which you could see out of) made his eyes nearly bug out of his head. By the end of the weekend, we couldn't walk down the hall past the elevator without him begging for a ride. Keep exposing HK to that situation, and she'll finally settle in for a little fun.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyK's Dad View Post
    Then the stopping came. That was it. Too much. Panic set in, barking at everything. The door opened and she could not get out of there fast enough. Swings around and barks at empty elevator until the door closes and captures that evil box inside...
    LOL

Caleb loves elevators. He's been doing them since he was about 12 weeks old. The firehouse in town has one with windows. I don't think Caleb even realizes he can look outside, tho. He runs right into the elevator when the doors open, and turns around to face them.

labby is offline Senior Member

Silly HK

Laura

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Awwwwww. I bet she felt that going down weird stomach feeling.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Too funny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast