Kolby's Destruction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kolby's Destruction

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultKolby's Destruction

Today was the first time that I left Kolby uncrated with Abbey at my apartment. He was uncrated for a few hours over the past 2 weeks at my parents' house with Abbey and Sasha and nothing was destroyed.

I counted my blessings and hoped that he would be a good boy. I ran around right before I left trying to put things away and out of reach but apparently I forgot the two-cart shelf in the kitchen.

There were a few boxes of cereal, a bag of potatoes, some Doritos and a couple of other things on the cart... all untouched. The one thing he took was a half-empty bag of granola, which I didn't plan on eating anyway.

It was scattered all over the apartment and the wrapper was shredded into a couple big pieces. And he knocked over the lamp and small Christmas tree, but nothing was broken.

Unfortunately my roommate broke the vacuum and won't be around for a while, so it looks like I'll be hanging out with granola all over the floors for a while.

So not bad, but for tomorrow I'm definitely emptying the cart. So much for this separation anxiety thing.. if he's not stuck in a crate, he's really not that bad!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

I can't believe there would still be granola on the floor with 2 dogs in the house! It must be some terrible tasting granola, ha ha! My dogs would lick the floor clean!

Well that sounds pretty good though. Maybe it was just a first time being left out with just Abbey kind of anxiety and it won't happen again. I bet you were nervous to open your apartment door when you came home, huh?

sarah is offline Senior Member

I have Milly uncrated majority of the time now and 99% of the time she is perfect but then once in a blue moon she'll do something she shouldn't. I don't even have to put things out of her reach (unless it is food) and she's not interested. But every now and then there will be destroyed toilet paper or the couch cushions end up in HER bed or she tips up her water bowl. Weird stuff....

I hope that once he settles the destruction ends and he doesn't choose random days to surprise you like Milly does!!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Since I've gotten home he's gone around and cleaned up most of the granola, but there's still some pieces here an there.e

Not bad at all - I can deal with the granola and knocked over tree and lamp.

MNLab is offline Senior Member

Justine, he's being pretty darn good, I'm glad that is the majority of the destruction you've seen! Sounds like you've got the SA stuff licked. All he needed was your love, and Abbey!

Daisy will once in a blue moon destroy something too, it's usually a DVD. Other wise, she's great, and is usually loose. So, hey, it happens!
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

Good boy, Kolby!!!

joflake is offline Senior Member

That really wasn't that bad, was it? Do you have a kong for him? That really helped Libby's SA.

Yep, I have Kongs. I should really fill some of those and throw them in the freezer for him.. not a bad idea!

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

LOVE YOUR SIGGY, Justine!!!!!!!!!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

he he Sometimes it just take a little time and experimentation to figure out what works or doesn't work. Sounds like the destruction was pretty minimal!

Are you saying that you have two Labs in the house and the granola is going to remain on the floor? Really? I wouldn't think a vacuum would even be necessary for this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast