Baby Moka update-Monday morning
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Moka update-Monday morning

javasmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultBaby Moka update-Monday morning **VET UPDATE**

Hi guys,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! I haven't been online at all this weekend...sorry .

Well, we picked Moka up Tuesday, early afternoon. Poor thing...she was so tired, but so happy to be home. We started figuring the logistics out-how to take care of her with her injury and also how to finagle things with Moka and Java-feeding times, etc. We do have to keep Moka and Java separated, for the most part, otherwise Moka gets way too excited and tries to play. Java is still very young, not even 1 yet, so she gets excited easily too. So, for right now we keep them mostly apart. So, we are figuring out a new normal. Moka is being such a good girl, not complaining at all about being in her crate alot. I borrowed a large wire crate from a friend and keep that in the family room with us, so that she has more room and is with us. Her and Java can interact also.

Then....Saturday night she was laying on the couch with my BF Brian. I was in the kitchen making dinner. Java was with me. Moka started the awful make-me-throw-up screaming. Brian got her calmed down....apparently, she had tried to shift on the couch and must have gotten her cast thing caught on the couch. She calmed down and seemed ok. She didn't sleep very well Saturday night though. Sunday, we got up and when we brought her outside we noticed that she was not putting any weight at all on her leg, her broken leg. Before this she was walking on it, carefully. We looked at, it looked ok, so we thought it may have just been sore. As the day went on though, she still didn't put any weight on it at all, just hopped on 3 legs. We felt around the leg and noticed that it seemed like the vertical pin is pressing against the skin near her knee cap. It wasn't like that before. So, I think she may have displaced the pin when she got her leg caught and that is why she can't/won't walk on her leg. We called the vet and they said to bring her in this morning at 8:15. No food or water last night or this morning. She is going to need to be sedated and have an exam and xrays. I don't know what they will find or what they will do if the pin has shifted. She hardly slept at all last night, she just couldn't get comfortable.
    So, a snag in her recovery.....she was doing so well. My little baby girl has been such a trooper through this.

I will update when I get more info after her appointment with the surgeon. I have a sick feeling they will need to keep her and open her back up to fix the position of the pin. I didn't sleep at all last night and I feel like I am going to throw up...again. Just a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

So, once again....please keep Moka in your thoughts this morning, pray that it's just a minor, quick fix and she'll be ok and back home with us tonight.

Thank you so much everyone.
    Gina, Moka & Java
    Last edited by javasmom; 12-28-2009 at 09:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MNLab is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry there was a set-back, Gina. I will keep Moka, as well as you and the rest of your family, deep in my prayers and thoughts today. Please do update after the vet appointment!
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

sarah is offline Senior Member

Oh dear poor little baby. I will keep sending good thoughts for Moka to have a full and speedy recovery xxx
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Darnit, Gina! Sorry to hear about the snag. More prayers for a fast recovery.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this! Baby Moka, please get all better soon!!

kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

I would keep her off the couch until she is totally healed. My friend's dog tore her ACL on their couch.

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

lisa is offline Senior Member

still sending lots of prayer Moka's way..let us know how she makes out at the vet

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully this set-back won't be too serious! Still keeping Moka in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

joflake is offline Senior Member

Poor baby Moka! I'm so sorry for her, and you! Prayers that this is not a serious setback.

Deanna1002 is offline Senior Member

aww gina, poor baby. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now.
    sorry to hear about the set back. All this will pass soon enough..

My prayers are still with you, moka and the fam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast