Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend?

Thread: Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend?

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

QuestionPurina Pro Plan Shredded Blend?

Has anyone heard if there has been a formula change in it, specifically the Beef flavor.

I think the girls both have an allergy and am trying to whittle it down as to the cause. They have just started on the Beef formula and they have started itching like crazy! Poor sweeties I have the humidifier going for dry skin, they are on fish oil supplements, so I'm at my wits end as to what is causing the itching.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LopersNLabs is offline Senior Member

We quit with the proplan when they went with the shredded blend. Even when they brought back the orig, we didn't. Hope your pups feel better soon.

georgie is offline Senior Member

We changed to ProPlan Selects when they changed to shredded blend. I just wasn't happy with it. The girls do really well on the Selects.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I quit feeding the chic/rice before the change. I did not like the idea of those stupid shreds and ingredient change. Not only that but the calorie change as well. Pay more, feed more. No thanks.
    I have had many people tell me they have not like the PP shreds and their dogs were not tollerating it, losing weight (because they were not aware it had less cal per cup) and getting itchy skin. Just about each and every one of those people I have had switch to Diamond Naturals and they have been very happy.
    Kim

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbay View Post
    I quit feeding the chic/rice before the change. I did not like the idea of those stupid shreds and ingredient change. Not only that but the calorie change as well. Pay more, feed more. No thanks.
    I have had many people tell me they have not like the PP shreds and their dogs were not tollerating it, losing weight (because they were not aware it had less cal per cup) and getting itchy skin. Just about each and every one of those people I have had switch to Diamond Naturals and they have been very happy.
    The girls were on the lamb & rice and seemed to do well on it. Shiny soft coats, good stools etc. However, I picked up a bag of the beef & rice and the 1st bag no problems, then a third of the way through this 2nd bag they have started itching. Both of them so I wonder if it's the food. Maybe go back to the lamb and rice?

labby is offline Senior Member

Don't feed the Shreds. It's soy. Try the Selects or maybe the ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach. It's fish based.

Laura

Labfan is offline Junior Member

Before feeding any Pro Plan or that type (wheat/corn based) of dog food please visit.

dogfoodproject.com

You can look up each ingredient on the bag and find out why it is bad or good.

There are a lot better dog foods out there for less money.

Labfan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby View Post
    Don't feed the Shreds. It's soy. Try the Selects or maybe the ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach. It's fish based.
    Even their "fish based" formulas don't identify the type of fish. You always want to know what type of fish it is. Is it human grade? like trout, salmon or halibut or is Menhaden which makes up most unidentified fish meal. Menhaden is not human grade and is often raised in large farms in countries with very lax standards.