Need some advice

Thread: Need some advice

Callaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeed some advice

On the feeding schedule. Im going back to work a few days.

The pups eat at 8 am, everyday. This wont change. Maybe earlier depending.

They eat dinner between 430 and 5 pm. Depending on what were doing (playing outside, whatnot).

My schedule right now will be 9-3 or 3-9. Till I get them situated then I will be working longer hours. 9-5, 11-7, 12-830 are all of the possible shifts.

Should I feed them the same time (5pm) if Im home, and then when I get home at 7, 830, or 9? Or is that too long? SU will be working these days too(9-9), so no chance there.

Am I thinking to hard? LOL. Lemme know what you think.

I put this in health and nutrition too

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Need some advice

I don't know how much of an effect a couple of hours could be, but what if you fed them at 8am-ish like normal and then slowly transitioned them to eating dinner later, say maybe 9pm? That's the latest it would be.. and even if you get home earlier, you should still keep that same schedule..! I'm not sure though, feeding them that late might be bad, just like people are supposed to eat that late, either.. but I think a consistent schedule is the most important.. I could be wrong though!

Callaway is offline Senior Member

I agree, I would like to keep them as close to the schedule they are on now as I can. It works best for them.

But, sometimes it may not be possible.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

If I'm gone and know mine wil miss a meal (I feed 3X) I give them a generous high protein snack before I leave ( a pig ear or chicken jerkey).

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't be too concerned about the feeding time change. Labs adjust quite well. I prefer set times, not so much for the intake as for the potty schedules.

I've always fed 5:30am and 5:30pm just because it allows them to digest amd relieve themselves before we go to work and before we retire for the evening. This time includes weekends as well. It suits our schedule and theirs. Ocasionally they might be late on their dinner time and they adjust to it with no problem. God forbid we are sitting around and the clock strikes 5:31! They will prance and pace until something is put in their bowls.

What I can't understand is how they know to shift the hour difference for Daylight Savings time. When we changed the clocks this fall they were right on time. Weird.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.