Is there such a thing as WHITE LABS now??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as WHITE LABS now??

DefaultIs there such a thing as WHITE LABS now??

There are some friends of our here in Texas, they paid 2800.00 for a lab out of NC because it was WHITE. AKC does not recognize white does it? Aren't they all yellow? I guess what I'm asking are all these folks getting taken for a ride? Are they getting sold a bill of goods about a dog that is really no different then a yellow or is it just personal preferance? I think the white labs are beautiful too, but I'm bias I love all labs. The price tag on this one caught me as holy moly even with champion bloodlines it was a lot to pay for a childs pet. Just throwing that out there for food or thought .

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Is there such a thing as WHITE LABS now??

I'm just :surprise: about that price tag!!!!!! And I always thought that 'white' were just the paler end of yellow...like fox red are at the other end of the yellow scale.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Yeah I about :surprise:at that price tag too. I was always under the assumption white was just a higher shade of yellow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

There is no such thing as a white lab, but there are very light yellow labs that some choose to call white either out of ignorance or deception.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

just a very pale yellow. Hunter posts here and on I'd occassionally. Hunter is a white lab, really hard to find in the snow. We meet another one at the DP occassionally.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

justine is offline Senior Member

Well I don't know for sure, but if they are charging more for a "white" rather than a regular yellow, then that is BS. Yellows include ALL color varieties that go from very white all the way to very red, or Fox red as they are called.

If that price is the "normal" for that particular breeder for all of their dogs, then I would say that is VERY high, but if they are charging more for a "white" lab than the other colors, then I don't think I would be getting a dog from them at all. :no:

JeffG is offline Senior Member

Yep, I have a "rare, snow white, polar, bleached....." lab, j/k. He and Hunter look alot alike.

He is a yellow lab, with a coat that is the color of copy paper...or some might say...white :scare:....

Isn't it always hard to keep white clean.....lol

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Just a lighter shade of yellow im afraid and they most likely paid more for the "white" label, it will say yellow on any papers.

patm is offline Senior Member

Yes - it was a bunch of BS. There is no official "white lab". It is considered a shade of yellow and should NOT cost more. People will pay that much for lab puppy have not done any homework AT ALL! and they got taken for a ride!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast