Wyatt house training
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wyatt house training

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

DefaultWyatt house training

Wyatt, now 11 weeks, had gone one full week without an accident in the house. This morning he pooped upstairs. In his defense... he won't go down the wood stairs if he's upstairs so he had no way to get to the bells to let us know.

Of course last night I said to my husband "it's been a full week and no accidents!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Wyatt house training

Oh no.. sounds like you jinxed it! Maybe you could set up another set of bells upstairs, too?

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

11 weeks old, and a whole week without accidents . . . Good boy Wyatt!! :-*
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Of course last night I said to my husband "it's been a full week and no accidents!"
    Uh oh, seems to me that the poopy accident was you-know-whose fault....definitely not that precious Wyatt's.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Uh oh, seems to me that the poopy accident was you-know-whose fault....definitely not that precious Wyatt's.
    Yes, definately not his fault

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

Will have to brag on his brother Orson here. He peed in the house 3 times and the the last one was on his third day here and my fault. He has never pooped in the house and has been sleeping in our room not locked in his crate for over a week now. Even with the diarrhea he still asks to go out. I do have a set of bells on my bedroom door as well which he does ring during the night if he has to go.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

Quote Originally Posted by The Texas Tank
    Will have to brag on his brother Orson here. He peed in the house 3 times and the the last one was on his third day here and my fault. He has never pooped in the house and has been sleeping in our room not locked in his crate for over a week now. Even with the diarrhea he still asks to go out. I do have a set of bells on my bedroom door as well which he does ring during the night if he has to go.
    That sounds like Elias, he peed 2 times in the house EVER and it was in the first 2 days we had him.
    The problem with Wyatt is he rings the bells to go out NON STOP!!!! Sometimes we get to the point where we ignore him because he was just out..... well then he pees. He's a peeing and drinking machine.

That's a good idea to get a new set of bells for the bedroom, but he will probably ring them just because he wants to go eat some sticks!

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

The problem with Wyatt is he rings the bells to go out NON STOP!!!!
    Yes - we have this problem as well. I am hoping it will slow down as he matures. We plan to fence in an area of the yard and get a dog door as soon as the ground thaws. Then he can go out as much as he wants and the bells can go bye bye
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Awww...it happens. It just all depends. Jack figured it out quick, no problem. Even would go on command when I said "go potty" and Jed continued to have accidents because something would distract him from potty, and he'd end up going in the house.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Oh man! He should totally be excused for that accident! Definately not his fault.

I am impressed with this litter's potty training ease....these are some smart little pups. Did Kim start any potty training prior to arrival? Guthrie was started with a litter box of shavings at 5 weeks at the breeder. I was soo impressed with the result. He only had 4 pee accidents and a couple of those were because he could not go out during thunderstorms. Never pooped in the house. Huckle on the other hand took FOREVER to potty train. I remember an almost daily dunk in the tub to wash off my pee soaked puppy each morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast