Mushers Balm

Thread: Mushers Balm

DefaultMushers Balm

So Denali had his 1 year birthday this past Saturday, so we took him to a pet boutique to get some special treats and a new toy, but while we were there we found this stuff called Mushers Balm. The sales clerk told us it was the best stuff for there paws in the winter it helps prevent the snow from balling up in between there toes and on there legs. Has anyone else used this? We tried it sunday while we snowshoed in the woods with him and it seemed to work ok.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Mushers Balm

Mushers Secret. It's awesome!!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Yeah sorry its called Mushers secert...so it is good then? The clerk told us to even rub it up his legs as well. We only did his feet yesterday.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I only use it when the true temp (not windchill) is below 0 F, or if we will be walking anywhere there salt or chemicals has been used on the sidewalks or streets. I only put in to her paw pads and as far in between as I can. It seems to work well, she never pulls up a paw because of the cold.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

What Ed said (Endofile), plus I use it in the summer to protect against hot pavement. It works great!! Their pads stay soft for a long time from it.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I've used Musher's Secret on Puff's paws for the last 6 years whenever we go out for our every morning 1 hour early walk in the nature preserve and there's snow on the ground that might freeze into ice balls between her pads. Before our walk, I have her lie on the bed beside me while I massage the wax into the areas between her pads. (I can't see any benefit for putting it on her legs.)

It works very well for us and I've frequently posted recommendations for using it.

Whenever I've forgotten to apply it in the needed conditions, Puff acts as if walking is painful.

It's cheapest to buy the 200 gr. size and KV-Vet supply <www.kvvet.com> and <www.amazon.com> are the least expensive sources I've found.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748